Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Whew. An update of sorts, and phone photos






Yesterday Mike and I went to the bank and they were giving away cookies. Get it? 5/3rd bank on May the 3rd? It was delicious too! Such a cool surprise. Cookies, especially frosted ones make me smile!

Well, we have been in this house for one week now. Things have gone by so fast. From the moment Mike came into Kohl's and showed me a picture on his phone of this big deck and the possibility of moving, to him being gone in Africa for another rotation, to coming home again and putting the entire moving process into place....

I have taken a lot of photos on my phone, but not so much with my camera lately. Like I said, the past couple of months have been a complete blur of keeping busy with work, school, daily things, packing, cleaning and preparing and moving.

However....here is a quick recap of the past couple of months.

Megan with brand new highlights. A friend of mine needed to do a highlight towards her grade in cosmetology school. It turned out beautiful!

The boys. Matthew had been complaining about having some stomach aches that made him miss a few days of school. On some days when he would go into school, I would get a call from the nurse that he was in the office and not feeling well. He went from pointing to his stomach to pointing to his heart. After taking him to the doctor, he went to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati for an ultrasound on his heart. He was actually looking forward to seeing his heart, and it was fascinating to watch. He did great for 45 minutes while the ultrasound was done. I can never say enough about that hospital. They are great with children. That is also where I take all three of them for dental appointments, and they are wonderful. - A few days later we got the results that everything was working fine, and his stomach issues are due to acid reflux.

Trevor ended up with a sinus infection that had him in the doctor's office. Which I am sure was cured by the Frosty that we stopped to get on the way home. ;)


A day at work. This was a fun day, and not what I usually do. I was helping the visual girl do a set up of new kitchen stuff. It totally appealed to the OCD in me who loved following the planogram for the display, and then putting stuff on the shelves.

Lap turtle. Sometimes they will sit still and watch tv with me. I'm usually warm, so I'm sure that feels comfy for them. That is Koopa, and Trevor's legs in the background.


Mike and Matthew, just after he got home from Africa. We went out to eat at Cheddars.

Yuck. Snow in April. This has been a pretty cold and wet spring.

Moving!!! Yay! See ya OSM. As happy as I am to not be there anymore, I always do get a bit nostalgic when leaving anywhere. (Then I shut the door behind me and didn't look back. lol.)

Accidentally taking a photo while sitting in my newly purchased patio chairs that I took directly over to the new house before we officially moved in. - But that is my carpet, and part of the stairs. More virtual tour of the house as soon as I get more put away! Promise!

No comments: