Monday, January 22, 2007

a 10 minute layout!

I SWEAR it looks so much better in real life!!!

I wanted to try a layout that didn't scream 'Kerry' the linear scrapper. This one was actually so fun to do.

I found this old picture of Megan when she was 3 years old. (Ignore the hideously ugly couch) I miss those days when she was that little. So many things went through my head. Man, I spent hours crying because I never thought I would hear her talk when she was that age. We went through a year of therapy. In her quiet little way, she was still my sweet, happy baby girl.

This was also a time of transition when Mike and I were dirt poor. So unfortunately I don't have many pictures from that time, and developing was expensive.

*****

I used a bunch of things that were sitting on my desk, along with a few things that I got in a swap with my friends over the weekend. The Heidi Swapp words and the heart brad are from Michelle. Thanks Michelle! And the transparency and the tag I bought in Prescott.

The journaling says:

Megan loves all things girlie. Dress up gowns, feather boas and shoes. The more fu fu the better. Sometimes she will get dressed up and I get to eat lunch with a princess - tiara and all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! I love all things Kerry-the-linear-scrapper does but this ROCKS the house!!! you so know i am scraplifting this!!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I like it when you switch up your style! :)

Anonymous said...

ok--i am dying to know what color bazzill that is? fawn, applesauce, chiffon? love it!

Anonymous said...

You are SO inspirational! I love seeing your pages. This one is really cute.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! i love this, kerry! so pretty! :)

Unknown said...

Wait a second- the heart brad was my contribution. ;)

Anonymous said...

WAY cute, Kerry. Great job of working on older pictures and jotting down the memories. :)

Anonymous said...

I just saw that this was a 10 minute LO. I'm in awe.