Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow day.....day 13

The kids had a snow day today. The first one of the season. We'll see how many we end up with since this is supposedly going to be a very cold and snowy winter.

We have done gingerbread houses every year, but I have gotten smart and started buying them early and hiding them until we had a day off from school. They are a good snow day craft. In the past I have bought one big house that all three work on, but this year I was excited to find a kit that had five small houses in it. Each one got to pick out a house and have one of their own. It works out perfect because they each have their own style. Matthew is very meticulous about his house. Trevor.....not so much. His kind of looks like somebody shot at it with a paintball gun by the time he was done with it. The way the red frosting came out of the bag and on to the roof I thought looked like he was trying to build Chilis.
Megan went with very simple decor this year and glued the sides and roof together, frosted the top and lined chocolate chips along the roof.



The boys both went out and played for a long time today. There is a small hill at the end of the road where they spent most of the afternoon with a couple of friends. Luckily friends who have extra sleds. (I think they are getting sleds for Christmas this year since I keep seeing them at Kroger and make a mental note that we need a couple.)
No snow day planned for tomorrow....and after two whole days off I go into work for a few hours.

2 comments:

Qwendykay said...

The chili's comment made me snort.

Like you, I bought a 5 pack this time, but ours is like mutantly small. I swear the houses are the size of my thumb. I should have bought the one you got.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing photos of my babies having fun with you on a snow day. miss you all