Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Now THAT'S EXCITING!



I haven't lost interest in my blog....or taking photos....or scrapbooking.....or anything. Life is in one of those ebb and flow type periods where things are keeping my busy with other things. I won't lie, when it gets to the end of the last couple of weeks before Mike gets home from Africa again I start to drag. This time around I'm trying to do the normal stuff, work and also get the other house prepared to move in.

I have also been taking more 'everyday' photos on my phone camera. I remember reading an article awhile ago about how point and shoot cameras will be a thing of the past. People who still enjoy photography will still buy the bigger digital cameras (I still love mine) but they are hard to carry around sometimes. Plus I'll be honest that the weather has been so yucky for awhile now that I don't have much interest to go out and take any photos. That should change soon now that it is starting to warm up and things are growing all over the place!

I realized that I had my camera on the counter top that I had spent some time on today when I cleaned the kitchen. I was curious as to what was on the photo card, but took a quick picture of what I had just accomplished.....making lunches. Wow, do those Doritos look really bright or what? It's funny how each child has a favorite and I know the little details that make each one unique. Megan: ham and cheese, mayo, mustard. Sparkling apple drink (cans are allowed at the middle school/high school but not at Matthew's. Even if it is juice.) Trevor: plain ham. Mustard. Sparkling apple juice. Matthew: salami mommy sandwich, cheese, mayo and mustard. No crust. Favorite yogurt and juice. This was a pretty easy assembly line type lunch making. Sometimes it gets more complicated once I put fruit or vegetables into the mix. They each certainly have their favorites and things they definitely don't like. Lunches are a fun part of being a mom.




- and a photo of Koopa. LOL. I do have to admit that the turtles are so cute when they wake up in the morning. A few minutes after the heat lamp is turned on, if you go back and look you can see their two little heads poking out of the bedding. They stretch their necks in the warmth and slowly come out to bask for awhile. These two make me happy. :)

So sadly those are the only photos I've really taken in awhile. I promise to change that.

Updates soon!

No comments: