Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Today we...



Today we slept in. I love that about summer vacation.

Then we went to the library. It's funny how the kids each have certain things that they look for when we go there. Trevor didn't have much luck this time as most of the books he likes to read are really popular books in a series of some sort. So he usually has to put his name down to have something put on hold for him when it comes back in.

Megan found some books on cartooning and anime, and a how to book on computer graphics.

Matthew found a funny mixture of things. He loves 'comic books' but they aren't flimsy comic books about super heroes like you would think. They are always in a section called "graphic novels" and are stories that are drawn in boxes....like traditional comic books. He found a cool one on Pearl Harbor and then some goofy ones about Lunch Ladies and things like that. He also picked up a few picture books on WW2 and the Lusitania. He is just like a little Mike. He still likes to spend time watching the military channel. Every now and then something will record and I'm like, "WTH? Who did that?" It may have a weird title or something, but it's usually some military thing he has recorded. He even recorded Kelly's Heroes....yeah, with Clint Eastwood and Telly Savalas! He wants to watch it with me, but has watched it already. He can't learn enough about WW2 right now.

Then we stopped at a nursery and bought a few plants, some potting soil and some mulch. I am hoping to get those in the ground in the next few days. I started a bit of a project near the front door in an area that was full of weeds. Photos soon...I promise. I wanted to get the front looking nice before I took any photos.

Then we came home and made some homemade minestrone soup.

And totally random, but these things popped up when I was looking through garden stuff trying to get ideas on some plant placement in my front yard:

If these are not the cutest things...... I swear I want that little one because seeing it sitting in a bowl of water, with little flowers coming out of it's shell....how can that not make you totally happy?



No comments: