Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back to school!

This is what happens when you don't blog for a bit....there end up being too many little updates and things that you don't want to forget. Your little "update" turns into a monster.

So really - everybody who reads my blog knows about my little hospital stay last week so I can pass telling about that. I'm feeling 100% better....and go back for some more tests this week. The end result should be surgery to put the whole thing to rest. Soon. More on that when I know more.

Summer vacation. Wow. Even I was surprised at how fast that went this year. Especially considering we didn't feel as busy as we did last summer. I mean, we did things... but maybe it was because of me working this summer that it seemed different. I was home....yet not always home like in the past. The kids did great. They made it possible for me to be able to go to work and not always have to worry about them.

We had Breyerfest, King's Island, swimming, lazy days of hanging out in underwear and playing video games (Trevor, lol.) all day on the computer updating facebook status (Megan) and then not seeing one from the time the sun came up until the sun went down because he was playing with friends all day. (Matthew)

As of today....


MY KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL.

Last week we went to middle school open house where we picked up Megan and Trevor's schedules and locker numbers. Trevor had stressed about that locker situation all summer long. We got his schedule and went to find his locker. He has a great location at the end of a hallway so he's smack in the middle. There is no way he can NOT find it. He practiced his combination several times and it was easy. One less thing for him to worry about.

I can't believe he is in middle school today. He had that look of fear as we were driving to the school, but I know right now as I'm typing this he already has a couple of hours behind him. I'm sure some of the worries have already been figured out and I kept reminding him that every 5th grader I've talked to going through the register line at Kohl's the past month is feeling the exact same way he is. Excited, feeling grown up and scared as heck.

I think that his day will go by quickly since this is his first time changing classes.


Mike drove, and I was able to get a quick photo as Megan and Trevor were walking into the school. I popped the camera up super quick over the door of the car to avoid any 'momarrazzi' embarrassment. BUT I am so glad to have this photo. Megan promised that she'd show Trevor the ropes of his new school. I'm glad he didn't have to face it alone.





Megan seemed very calm today. I think she was more upset that she had to get up early. It helps that she's not new or starting mid year. She already knows people and knows her way around. I hope she has a lot of friends that she likes in her classes, and gets to meet some new ones that have moved in during the summer. She looks SO big. 7th grade....I totally remember 7th grade.





Matthew. He was wanting us to drive him to his school in the morning like I did last year. Which I really did enjoy, but his school is quite a distance from the house. It's about a 45 minute round trip. When we got back from taking Megan and Trevor to school, two of Matthew's best friends were already out on the street waiting for the bus. He decided to ride the bus with them. I think he'll be a regular bus rider after today seeing how happy they all looked sticking peace sign fingers out the window on their way out of the street.


It's a little odd to know that he's the only one in elementary school now. The big 3rd grade.

(He's such a skinny, tall and gangly looking thing right now! He had to have grown four inches over the summer.)



2 comments:

Lisa said...

oh my gosh your kids are grown up!! I think haley might come up to matthew's knees!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I got here by clicking "next blog." I LOVE back to school photos. I hope they have a wonderful year.