Thursday, August 26, 2010

healing....and some scrapbooking.







Still trying to heal from surgery. I can't believe it has been a week since the actual date....I'm still not at a week since being released from the hospital. Geeze, I almost can't even remember when that was since the week has been a blur. Mostly because of sleeping.


I am tired of the drugs! I feel like I am losing my mind and not 'all here.' I don't like that feeling at all. The dreams I am having because of pain medication wear me out by the next morning. For example last night I spent all night walking around a hot parking lot in Phoenix, looking for my old Mustang that I apparently drove and forgot where I parked. Only I was dizzy and for some reason didn't have any shoes and had to hop from car shadow to car shadow to not burn my feet. So I walked, and walked. I would try to call Mike on my cell phone, only to not remember the phone number. Just stupid dreams like that. Anesthesia and pain medication do a number on me. I wake up tired. Luckily, I can sleep during the day too right now!


My mom came out last week, scheduled to be here on Monday.... the day before I was admitted to the hospital. Unfortunately, the doctor had a different plan. Monday morning as I was enjoying knowing that was a day of peace and quiet and maybe some scrapping (I'm using any resting time to try and catch up a little.) I got a phone call that they wanted me to go to the hospital for some blood work. Before I got back into the house after the draw, I was called back and told to go immediately to the hospital to be admitted. My hemoglobin was critically low again. Yay.
So much for some scrapping rest and being here when my mom got into town. Mike got me to the hospital and checked in. My own room this time, thank goodness. My mom made it to Kentucky that night and her and Mike came by the hospital to see me. :)
Tuesday was spent having another long day of having another transfusion and a lot of tests done. Mostly making sure that my levels were up enough to be able to go into surgery. They went up... but apparently not enough since they were actually postponing my surgery until they knew they had back up units of blood for me. Long story short.... because most of you already know the story anyway..... surgery went well. A few days in the hospital and then I got to go home. Where I basically slept. And slept.... and slept.
My mom was a huge help with getting the kids to school, picking them up, helping around the house and everything (thanks mom!) and then my sister came when she left. I felt bad that most of the week with my mom I had spent away in the hospital or sleeping. My sister got here and helped out a lot this week too. I was having a hard time letting other people do the things I am used to doing. Vacuuming, cleaning up after dinner, laundry etc. I am grateful for the help though!! (Thank you too Kim!)
So basically the cliff notes version of this whole thing from over a month ago until now is that I had a very angry uterus that was trying to make me bleed to death. Along with a lesson in taking hints from myself instead of thinking that I am just tired. The thing is, I felt tired but not like it was much more than just being totally stressed out because of things going on in our lives right now. I couldn't hear the whisper, but listened when I started to hear the yelling that I needed to go. Take care of yourself. Big lesson. Besides the usual eat healthy fruits and vegetables and get exercise. And eat a lot of iron! LOL, because the goth look is not a pretty one when you are losing blood.
Off to lay down for awhile. Love to all! Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hope you are healing from your surgery. I know what you mean about feeling "fuzzy" while being on pain meds. I get the same feeling. Your layouts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!