Wednesday, January 06, 2010

snow day #2!




Wednesday is a big night in our house. The kids LOVE The Middle, and it's become our family show of the week. Last night was even better because we watched carefully at the scrolling words on the bottom *fingers crossed* to see if school would be closed tomorrow.






Yesterday we went to fill up the car and to the grocery store just in case we are snowed in for a few days. It is supposed to be a big storm, and according to an article I read, one of the coldest winters for the United States since 1985. Bring it on. We're ready.





I live in an area with a lot of people. We have grocery stores.... lots of them. I mean Kroger has its headquarters here. We're not hurting for Krogers. But I always think that the days before a big storm hits people go into weird panic mode. I am not kidding that I went to grab one of our staples - bananas - and there were FOUR green ones left. Not even attached, but four single, green bananas left on the display. Between this and the empty shelves where there are usually hundreds of loaves of bread, you'd think the end of the world was near. Luckily, I had bought two loaves of bread the day before. I should sell them on the interstate off ramp to make a few dollars.




Sure enough, this morning the phone rang at 5:30 and schools were closed. If you are lucky enough to be inside, today is a beautiful day. It has been snowing nonstop since around 6:00 this morning. Our street is usually one of the first ones to get plowed and salted, and as of 2:30 they still haven't done it yet. Which means it's pretty bad out there in other areas. I'm sure it is fine with the ton of kids that are out using the hill as a snowboarding hill, sledding or the one guy that I have seen drive up and down in his little tractor thingie pulling kids on sleds. People know how to make the best of a snow day.




The boys and I are inside today. They didn't want to go out and have been playing with Legos all day. Megan has braved the weather and went over to a friends house. Mike should be coming home from work soon. I'm catching up on housework and other things. That's our day today, and tomorrow is honestly looking like another snow day. More snow in the forecast. Good thing I have my four bananas.

No comments: