Friday, January 22, 2010

fortune cookie says:

This was a fortune in Mike's cookie at dinner tonight. We laughed until we cried. That one will be saved....for sure. I love irony. We both needed a good laugh, and this totally fits US.


Speaking of.... this is life right now. Boxes. Lots and lots of boxes.



What a crazy week. Something was wonky with my computer, and I was without internet most of the week. Which may be just as well since I really didn't have time to be on it much anyway. Still packing....still getting things ready.
*****
So today was the kids' last day of school at the schools they have been going to since moving to Kentucky. Us moving again and switching schools, this was one thing that I hoped to avoid, but it didn't happen and we are moving forward. We're a good, strong family and we all know this is temporary. Megan is actually kind of excited, I know anxious as well, but she is used to switching schools since Arizona and moving here. She looks at it with a view of having fun being the new kid, the one that everybody wants to figure out and meet. She feels that she gets to reinvent herself each time. She also still keeps in touch with her friends in Phoenix on a daily basis with her cell phone so she just collects people and maintains friendships, and she has already collected phone numbers to keep in touch with friends from here. (Plus in reality, we're only moving 4 miles away.) So she sees this move as a good thing and being able to meet even more people. Plus there are a couple of girls that she already knows in her new school. They moved last year, so that will only help too.

Matthew.... that boy faces everything he does with gusto. He's more excited about not having to deal with the principal at his current school. Not that he's ever been to the office....but that seems to be giving him much joy lately being able to say SO LONG. (I'm not a fan of the principal either, so I kind of agree with the boy. In fact when the name was brought up at bunco a week ago, 12 people all rolled their eyes and sighed in unison. I'm guessing this principal is not a favorite to many.) He's the same way as Megan, he is loyal to his friends he has already but is looking forward to a change and meeting new people.
Trevor. Trevor has always been my cautious one. Let's just say that he likes routine, doesn't like going out on a limb and will probably never jump out of an airplane. He's cautious, but so easy going. It's a good mix, and what draws people to him. He's having a harder time dealing with this than the others. I expected it. Last night I was up with him as he was crying and realizing today was his last day.
I got a phone call from the woman at the office at school that Trevor was having a difficult day and was near tears all day. His best friend - a girl down the street - not to be called a girlfriend...but he wouldn't mind marrying her someday because she's cute - was by today and was crying. Those two were inseparable this summer, and play together all the time still. They were so excited to be in the same class this year. But we'll be able to keep in touch. Again, it's not that far away. Just not as easy and convenient as running down the street and disappearing for hours during the day.
So that's my day, my week. This weekend is the move. I'll be without internet for a few days. Until then..... I'm deciding whether or not to bring this (pictured below) with us. Bad girl ate a package of salami. No matter how far I put things back on the counter, she's quite the counter surfer. I swear I was only gone for a split second too. Who's a bad dog??? But.... she's still darn cute.
Bad dog.









3 comments:

Qwendykay said...

Aw shoot Piper is so dang cute. You do know she is a lab... you practically have to rig things to the ceiling to prevent Labs from getting at it.

Good luck with the move... I don't envy you. I"m still unpacking.

Kaelene said...

I'm sorry that you have to pack and unpack . . . that is pretty much the only part of moving that sucks, to me! While it is a LARGE part of it, the new place excitement is always fun!

Unknown said...

I hope the move is going well this weekend! And good luck to the kids in their new schools. :)