Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Now where did THAT time go? Little update.

We picked a good weekend to move. Sarcastic at first, since it was raining and drizzling. Thankfully the rain held off while we were doing the outside stuff. We had the fastest movers in the world too. Thanks guys! But then my sarcasm also turns to real gratitude when the next few days we had snow! I much prefer the drizzle for going in and out, than snow.

Things went off without a hitch really. As usual, even after weeding through furniture and things that wouldn't fit in our new house we still have A LOT of stuff. I swear, next time I'm selling everything and starting all over. I say that every time.

So the week after has been spent trying to get things put away. It is starting to look more like a home, and things have found a place to stay and pictures have been put up on the walls. There are still those leftover boxes of the random "Oh my gosh what do I do with this stuff?" that I still have to sort through. Luckily, the basement is huge. I put most of it down there and will deal with it in the spring.

No pictures of our new house yet. I'll keep you guessing for awhile.

The kids had the first week off of school. I kept them home since it was chaotic trying to find all the stuff to get them registered at the new school. However, yesterday was their first day at the new schools. Megan had a great day. They all did. I took Megan to register first, and she had a buddy come and pick her up from the office and show her around. It was cute watching the two girls walk down the locker lined hallway. Megan didn't even turn around to wave. I know she would have.... but she was so excited. She always loves starting new schools. She sees it as a way to reinvent herself.

Trevor and Matthew were next. I took them to their school..... which is much farther considering. But it is a beautiful drive. There are at least three HUGE thoroughbred farms on the way. Winding roads through trees, old plantation homes and creeks. I can't wait to see it when the trees turn green again.

When the boys and I were standing up by the office with the admissions woman, a boy came up to Trevor and asked if his name was Trevor. (T was so nervous the whole time, Matthew just rolled along like he usually does.) Trevor answered the boy and the boy said, "Oh you are in my class! We have a cool teacher!" Trevor said, "Sweet." We got the tour of the school and Trevor got to go into his class first. The teacher said that somebody who works with Mike had a son in her class, and all the kids talked about that morning before announcements was that they were getting a new student. I think that made T feel pretty special.

Later that day, Trevor came home and said that he was asked by a bunch of kids to sit by him at lunch....and as usual.... most were girls. Apparently one even said Trevor was cute. LOL.

Matthew went to his class after that. The door opened, and the teacher came out to greet him. All the kids were supposed to be watching a film but instead all eyes were on Matthew. Normally you'd think that would be great cause for an anxiety attack. Not for Matthew. At least if he was nervous, he hides it well. The teacher talked to us for a minute and then showed him his desk. He was off without a problem.

Megan took this picture of me waiting by the door looking out the peep hole waiting for the boys to be dropped off from the bus. (Wow, I really have absolutely no butt at all.)



When everybody was home, I took Megan across the street to Kroger (It's beautiful....it reminds me of AJ's in Phoenix. AJ's and a mall. There is a FOOD COURT in the Kroger! A Fred Meyer jewelry store, furniture store and a huge Starbucks.) Megan had gotten a Starbucks giftcard for Christmas from a friend, so she asked if we could celebrate by going there after school. We picked up some things for dinner and then came home.

Of course Mike cooked a fabo dinner, and we heard stories about the day. About the crazy kid on the bus who yells all the time, about the good food the cafeteria has and that there is a smoothie machine. That Megan finally got a top locker, but is afraid she can't open the lock all the time, that classes are fun and stories about all of the new people they met. It looks like it will be a good year for them.

More later. I have a few more things I need to do before going to pick up Miss M at school. It feels good to be hooked up with a computer again.

No comments: