Thursday, February 25, 2010

A bit of my scenic commute

***click on photos to enlarge
In the morning when I take my boys to school (which is about 15 minutes away) I realized that the drive is like morning yoga and a great cup of coffee. It's relaxing, and invigorating. It's our time to talk about what is expected of the day in school and I like having the time with the boys before dropping them off.

I also just love the scenery of the drive. There are several huge horse farms that I pass. They look like perfect playgrounds to me with miles and miles of hills and black fences, and barns that just make me swoon.

So today I had my camera with me and stopped to take a couple of photos on my way back home. I think I'll take more when traffic allows. There's really not a lot of traffic, but it figures at some point when there is something I'd love to slow down and take a picture of, there is somebody behind me.


That yellow house. I don't know exactly why, but I love it. Maybe it's the contrast with the snow....which is the only way I've seen it so far. I'm looking forward to seeing it when the grass and trees turn green again. But I come around a corner and that house pops out at me each time.

There is also a place where every single morning I see these winter fuzzy horses out eating from a huge bale of hay. This morning though....we had an hour delay for school due to some icy rain and snow overnight. (Yay for the extra hour of sleep!) But also because I guess the horses were done with breakfast by the time I was coming back from school this time. I stopped to get a picture of them. They were pretty curious that somebody had stopped. Horses crack me up like that. Like, "Hey....what's up?" Maybe it breaks up the monotony of their day. LOL.

I gave them each some attention and enjoyed the feeling of hot horse breath from their noses on cold bare hands. (Something only a horsey person could appreciate!)


1 comment:

JDR said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY!!
YOU SHOULD BE A PROFESSIONAL COMMERCIAL DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER AND/OR PHOTO JOURNALIST!!