Friday, March 26, 2010

condensed soup.

supplies: number brushes KD Brush Bucket; scalloped border KD Fancy Borders no. 1; ledger paper KD Spring10 Kit; white cardstock KD embossed cardstock kit; other dotted paper by Katie Pertiet, clip by ehernandez 2Ps.

I was so inspired by Anilu's use of the number brushes I thought I would use them on another page. I love how she used the solid brush and the outline. It's always interesting to see other artist's ideas on how to use the same products. Digital elements especially since you can re-size and recolor. This brush kit is by far one of my favorites!

Conversation overheard while writing the supplies....Trevor and Matthew are playing with Lego clone troopers. Matthew has one he named Bob. Poor Bob. Bob is always the clone getting in trouble. So Trevor names his George. I hear him introducing his clone to Matthew's clone. George CLONEy. Get it? Like George Clooney?? Gotta love that kid. That made me laugh.

Onto other news. Guess who is a workin' girl. Well....working as in having a job with an hourly wage. I still consider being a stay at home mom a pretty BIG job. However..... I got a call today after interviewing twice this week that I am an employee of .....ta da....





After catching up on a few things, I can pretty much guarantee that I will be trading paychecks directly for merchandise. LOL. I really should have found a nice auto parts store or someplace where it's not as tempting to use that employee discount! Momma needs shoes and purses. Housewares, linens, kids clothes, shoes, man shoes, man clothing, small electronics....it may be dangerous. ;) I tell you though, the process of interviews, background checks and all that has changed a lot since I was working before having children. It hit me that WOW more than a decade has gone by that I have been at home raising kids. Talk about smacking you right upside the head about how fast time has gone by.











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR ON YOU BEING APPOINTED CREATICE DIRECTOR OF DISPLAYS AT KOHL'S !!

WAY TO GO KERRY !!

JDR & MAR

Anonymous said...

that is awesome you got the job Kerry!! Hope the move was smooth.

I love the layout of Megan & the 10 things...

Also big congrats on the design team!!
xoxo Karen in Cali

Lisa said...

I guess I can expect great things from kohl's now. :)

great layout. tell megan she might have to fight carson for team jacob rights. lol

nanas said...

woo hoo!!!, I knew you could do it. Tell me all about what you'll be doing.

Maddy said...

I miss you!!!

And congrats on all the exciting design stuff. Yo utotally deserve it all. AND MORE!

Erin said...

I love your layout! I need to do another "10 things" layout for my little Jack.

Congrats on the job!