Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring break - Friday

"Welcome to Mitchell's. We have fishies!" It's a silly family joke that gets the kids laughing every time Mike says it. - Friday morning we went to Newport on the levee to see Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, then walked around the inside mall, then walked around outside and across the purple people bridge. It was windy, a tad chilly if you didn't have a jacket on, but gorgeous, sunny and inviting blue skies. You can't go out on a day like that and not walk across the bridge.


Below: Reds superfan. The shirt lives on. He really needs a new one soon since he is wearing this one really thin. Here is Matthew with The Great American Ballpark in the background. Believe it or not, this was early on opening day too. Note to self: get that boy to a Reds game this season!




Matthew is still little enough that he can get a ride on daddy's shoulders. Lucky. It's not like it takes long to walk to Ohio, but I bet the view is pretty good up there when you are little.

And with that, was the end of Spring break 2010.....for me.
****
I was given some extra hours at work on Saturday that I wasn't originally scheduled for. I worked in the shoe department. I usually work in the junior/misses/men's section. Everybody was asking me what I thought of shoes. I don't know if it's a favorite of most of the people who work there. There is a lot of taking calls from other stores, and finding things in the back. I think a lot of people don't like the monotonous job of stacking and straightening shoe boxes either. Me? When my manager asked me what I thought I smiled and said, "It totally appeals to my OCD." (Shhhh....and new shoes smell soooooo good too.)
Sunday I worked too. The weekend was a blur at Kohl's. Same on Monday. Which is why I have been a bad blogger. Today I had a day off and went and did some errands in Cincinnati. Not much exciting stuff going on.
The kids were actually all happy to be back in school this week to see their friends there. It is hard to believe that there are a little under two months of school left until summer vacation.


No comments: