Friday, May 06, 2011

It's still spring, but this marks summer!!

Thanks to my job, I was able to not only save up for a super cool patio set....but I was able to stack all of my discounts and coupons to get a sweet deal on my entire patio set!! I am definitely a Kohl's success story. Now I joke that I have sold my soul to the company. I will be there forever. Constantly paying off my card. Lol. BUT - after buying pieces at different times and taking them over to the house even before the official move in....and patiently waiting for the weeks of rain to stop.....we finally had our first night out on the deck. Granted, it was still kind of chilly, but we were determined to enjoy the deck for the first time.

I caught the boys out playing with Legos before we started to cook dinner on the grill. I bet they will spend a lot of time out there. They already have even without using the table. There is a patch of woods in our backyard at the top of the hill where they have made a little clear area for a fort. Which consists of a few pieces of wood to sit on, nothing fancy. They go up there and sit for hours. I think they will enjoy this entire yard this summer.

The deck had these tiki torches attached all around it. There are 8 of them. They will be coming off, but Trevor had to play Survivor with one. The garden that you see in the background is actually part of our neighbor's yard. They have a HUGE house, and this garden is BIG. The best is.....I don't have to tend it, but I get to enjoy looking at it through my kitchen window and when I'm outside. The back part of our fence is missing, so that is part of our fence (which will be coming down) so it's kind of hard to describe how the yard looks. The people next to us have a huge yard, which kind of looks like it is part of ours on the side. Again, the best.....not my yard to tend, but it looks like our house sits on a huge piece of property. Win/win!!
Megan and Mike out grilling. Mike was making steaks and Megan was using the burner on the side to saute some mushrooms and onions. That's the other side of our fence. It runs along both sides of the side of the house, but is not in the back. Kind of like parenthesis with our house in between....like this [ ]. So we have a clear view in the back. You would miss out on the wood view otherwise. I promise to get photos soon. - The last storm knocked a couple of panels down.
First official sit down meal. (Love the tire swing!) Behind that fence at the top of the hill is the pasture with the horses.
With buying my patio set when I did, I earned enough Kohl's cash (plus my discounts, coupons and buying on power hours!) I got the fire pit for free. My favorite thing about living here is that (at least in my first neighborhood where people actually sat outside) fire pits were always going, and kids would roam and play while neighbors sat around talking and having a drink together. Even if it stays on my deck, I plan on getting many, many hours with that fire pit. I love summer and fall nights.
Getting sticks ready to roast marshmallows for smores.

Oooo. I love the burnt ones. The boys made a few of those just for me!





That is our first night out doors. I'm sure there will be a lot of photos like this during the summer.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

love your patio!!! backyard and patio set!!! awesome!