Monday, May 23, 2011

T McD end of the year.

It's a good thing I got this picture before we left for school. We were supposed to go for an awards ceremony where Trevor was going to get an award for being on the A/B honor roll. We had gotten to the school and about 15 minutes into the principal calling names and listening to applauding, Trevor leans over and says, "Do I hear the tornado siren?" I said no, how could he hear that. Besides, he's a bit sensitive when it comes to tornadoes. He's not good about any sort of natural disaster. For years when we lived in Phoenix he had a huge fear of volcanoes. Of course our first full day in Kentucky after moving here....we spent time down in the basement because of a tornado watch. He still reminds me of that.

I was actually surprised when the principal stopped and said that they just found out there was a tornado watch and that we'd all have to move into the center of the school in the hallways for the next 30 minutes because the watch just was called for Boone County. Some people were able to sneak out, some were corralled and told they couldn't leave. I understand better safe than sorry, but I also had just called home where Matthew and Megan were and told them to go down to my room. (The basement.) I didn't want to stay. We parked close, and we live close. So we got into the car and came home. It was an ugly storm.....about 10 minutes after we got home the sky turned green. That's always weird! Trevor grabbed his turtles and we all hung out in my room. (Which also has the laundry room, so why not do some laundry while waiting it out. lol.)

All is good. We never lost our power (which I heard over 50,000 people without) and I folded some clothes. I feel bad that we missed the ceremony....but I am still so proud of this kid. It doesn't surprise me at all that he is on the honor roll. He loves to read, and loves to learn.

Mike is back to work right now and we are still getting settled. I always have nervous energy for the first couple of weeks, so I should be able to get some things done. I have enjoyed doing some yard work and trying to get some things in the garage put away so I can park my car in there. I promise to post some photos soon.

I can't believe that all three kids will be out of school on Thursday. The end of another year. I am proud of them all, and all the things that they learned this year. Megan and Trevor read like crazy and were both in the highest point clubs for AR. Matthew learned so much....his favorite things to learn about this year were about the Titanic (he brought in a piece of coal that I bought at the Titanic museum years ago.) The Civil War, and WWII. He is a little sponge. A sponge that also likes to sit around and watch the Military Channel. lol.

No comments: