Friday, May 20, 2011

Out of order, random update...

I'm not sure where to begin. Sometimes I hate having a blog and feeling like I need to keep up with it, other times I don't know what to say, and other times I'm grateful for it because I like to go back and see things from years that have passed. So this is when I feel somewhat guilty for letting so much time go by between posts.

To wrap up the past month, we moved. Mike was home. We did a lot, but sometimes nothing at all. I feel like we didn't really get a chance to relax as much as I would have liked (I know Mike can really use the rest when he comes home.) But there was and still is so much to do to make this house more "our home" and what makes it more personal for us. There were so many projects. Big ones and small ones. Cleaning, rearranging, unpacking, hanging some pictures or shelves.....and really.....I hope I don't have to do this again. I am tired of moving. I kept thinking in my head that quote from Lethal Weapon where Danny Glover kept saying, "I'm too old for this shit." This isn't fun anymore. Hey, we even had people come in and pack AND move for us.

I love Newport. We went there a couple of times while Mike was home. First...to a restaurant that I have been wanting to go to for awhile. A friend at work kept telling me about Pompilios in Newport. I guess the area has quite an interesting mafia history, prohibition type stuff. Plus I had heard that they had the best alfredo sauce ever. After reading the menu and seeing some photos I noticed that the cast and crew had eaten and filmed inside the restaurant for Rainman. This is about the third time I've stumbled upon something we've been to that was in the movie. I don't remember anything about it, bits and pieces really. I think I may have to find this movie again and see it from another perspective now. See what I recognize. OK.....and yes, that was the best alfredo sauce I've ever had. That photo does not show the size of that manicotti. Yum.

We also saw a movie (Bridesmaids) and walked around the outdoor mall for a bit, and watched the river for a bit. I bought Trevor a book from Barnes & Noble (The second book in some series that he is hooked on and has been waiting for this to come out.)

For Mother's day I wanted to go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton. We had a great time, and I promise to post some photos of that next. They are on a different card.

Below:
Matthew's daily planner for school. I noticed that he had made a little heart around Nigeria where his daddy is. I thought that was cute.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

fun photos!!! and that dinner looked yummy!!!