Sunday, April 23, 2006

akeela and the bee


Thank you to my good friend June and her daughter Chelsea!! I knew they would be my Starbuck's hook up!

That cool bright green thing is from a set of cool coasters from Starbuck's. They are so cool and come with a bunch of long, weird words. I guess it is a promotion for a movie coming out called "Akeela and the bee."

I had these photos of Mike and his car for another project, but when I saw the word on this particular coaster I knew it deserved a whole page instead. It all started with the word:

meticulosity. noun. 1. extreme care and precision 2. attention to detail.

Journaling says: " Mike has loved cars since before I knew him. In fact, it was because of a car that we first met. Me with a '65 Mustang, and him with a '64 1/2 Mustang. I parked next to him on our first day of our senior year in high school. I always thought it was funny how that car that originally gave us a reason to talk to each other, ended up being sold by the time he finally asked me out on our first date. It was a sign of things to come...Mike doesn't hold on to cars for very long.

The current baby - a 2006 Audi A3, 2.0T. Mike spends so much time in his car because of his work, I am glad that he has something that he really enjoys. (And I have to admit...fun to drive too!) "

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

kerry - that is just so cool! i love the starbucks touch! ;)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Such an AWESOME LAYOUT KERRY! It was nice to see you Satuday before your husband came and swept you off your feet. Take care Tammi

Anonymous said...

cool use of Starbucks product Kerry! I haven't found a word that I could use yet:)

Lisa said...

very cool!! I love that layout! Going to have to run into starbucks for a hazelnut soda and grab a coaster!!

Anonymous said...

love it!!

Anonymous said...

HOLEY SCHMOLEY KERRY!!!! That is the coolest layout! LOVVVVVVE IT!