Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wow, I've been MIA for awhile.



I have been going through a dry spell with everything lately. Just not feeling too good in general, and even scrapping hasn't been fun for me. I finally did this page the other night. Lisa wanted to see it. Nothing spectacular....but done. And Maddy! Look! One last remaining piece of the beloved blue KI with big loopy flowers!!

Sorry these always scan so bad and are hard to read.... but the journaling says: "You have learned so much in kindergarten this year! My favorite, is watching you read. I caught you on top of the play set this day. you looked so cute, totally absorbed in a book and ignoring everything else around you. You've been doing this a lot more lately. You pile yourself up with books, get comfortable and then just read to your heart's content. Your little finger sometimes follows along with the words, and sometimes I hear you as you try to work through a particularly hard word. You always seem to work it out on your own because you are so smart. I am so proud of you!!!"

*****

So pretty much the only news here is that Mike started flight school. He goes to the Regional Airline Academy at Williams/Gateway. It is the big first step for when he has a career change coming up in January of next year. He is going to be a pilot. I'm proud of him. He has talked about flying since we were dating.

I'll have to post a picture of him with his uniform on. I know he is flying tomorrow, so I'll ask him to get a picture.

So it has been an adjustment on all of us since he started this. I have been so spoiled with his present job, where he was able to do some work out of the house, and was always very flexible if he was out visiting clients. It won't take us long to get the hang of things, and it will all be worth it.

Other than that....everybody is doing well! :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I so love that layout!!! Beautiful! Can you do all my journaling for me??? Very exciting about the pilot training. Tell him to always wear a parachute!! :)

Maddy said...

AH HA! So that is why I haven't heard from you lately! I miss my e-mail.

YEAY for Mike! D said he ran into him at gym the other morning. :)

Sooo sad, no more loopy flowers. I think I'm almost out too! GASP!

Anonymous said...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE LAYOUT KERRY!!! Love it!!!! And congrats to Mike for going after a dream! That's awesome!