Thursday, November 08, 2007

day 8 in the sick ward

And I am NOT feeling nurturing anymore!!!!

My boys have been sick all week. All three kids were sick since last week, but the boys and their asthma have been awful. I got them to the doctor and now they are on medication to finally kick it since they weren't getting better. Matthew even has an ear infection to top it all off.

I usually kind of enjoy when my kids are sick. They get snuggly. There is nothing better than sitting on the couch, under a blanket with a snuggly child. I like to play with their hair and give them a lot of kisses on top of their heads or on the feverish cheeks.

Until today. Today I could tell that the medication is doing it's job. They are feeling better and the coughing and wheezing has subsided. I didn't send them to school because I wanted them to be strong before they went back to the germ buffet. But today they won't let me have a second to myself!

When we got Piper we were watching the mom dog with the puppies. She was trying so hard to find a place to lie down but puppies kept following her. She looked desperate. Everytime a puppy came near her she'd growl. Mike asked the owner if she was aggressive at all and she said, "Not at all, she's just ready for the puppies to find homes and stop nursing."

I can totally respect that. Been there done that. Now I think of the look that poor mommy dog had as her poor boobies were hanging down and she just wanted to be left alone. I swear I feel like that dog today.

6 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

LOL...you are too funny! But I know how you feel except I only have one kid and two needy cats.

hope it gets better:)

Anonymous said...

Well the good news is that you get some R&R this weekend! I can NOT wait to see you, hang out with you, talk with you, and get all the details of your life that I've been missing. Other than sick kids and cute dogs. Other kind of stuff. Good stuff, rather, other good stuff. Just, other.

I can't believe we get there later today! I'm glad we can all relax and exhale for a few days, all together.

Qwendykay said...

Oooo my kids are like that ALL THE TIME WITH ME. DRIVES ME BATTY!

Especially on the phone. They must play LOUDLY right next to me when I'm on the phone. I can soo relate to Piper's Mama. Have a fun time this weekend! So bummed I won't be there.

Lisa said...

i have no idea what you're talking about! :>O

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

i hope you get some alone time soon!

laura said...

miss you.

love you.
hope you are feeling better.

(((((hugs)))))