Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I have this song stuck in my head that I hear on Radio Disney all the time. I don't know who it is, but it's some pop person. Usually I know all of my people from Radio Disney, so it must be a pop person that isn't from the Disney stable like Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Blue.... etc.

Anyway.. the song says, "I'm a winner....cuz I'm awesome....."

Why am I singing that? Because I went to the grocery store this morning and got everything I need for tomorrow. I was in and out in record time.

Then I headed to Costco just as they opened. I'm so on the ball I can't stand it. ;)

I got the remainder of the stuff I needed, plus other stuff so that I can stay near my house all of this fabulous four day weekend without having to go out if we don't want to.

Yessss. My sense of accomplishment this morning is through the roof!

I loved going to Costco today. I figured it would be busy so I went in with an open mind. While I was standing there waiting to pay, and about the 20th person in line, I watched people.

It was so funny to see everybody with carts full of rolls and stacked boxes of pies. The man in front of me had 150 rolls in his cart. (He had SCADS of bags.) A woman behind me was holding probably a dozen pies in her hands with her arms stretched out and her head peeking out of the top. It just looked so holiday-ish there today. I can see why this starts the beginning of a happy season for Maddy. So Maddy, since I have 80% of my Christmas shopping done, and Thanksgiving ready.... I finally get it. ;)

I also realized, what with the theme of the week being gratitude, that we are so lucky to live in a place where we can go and buy so much food. I remember watching an Oprah show a long time ago (before Oprah got super annoying) with a man who moved here from Ethiopia. He said the first huge memory he had about our country was that he could go buy fruit in a store. Fruit from all over the world, so if he craved an orange even during off season, he could buy an orange. The biggest was that he was amazed that we have an entire aisle just for our pets, filled with dog food, cat food and treats. That was one of those lightbulb moments that I remember all the time. It helps me to realize how lucky I am all of the time. So I thought of this man again today as I was watching the millions of rolls and pies being paid for.

Now I'm not trying to get all Oprah-ish here, but I just want to say that I am grateful. I'm grateful I live in this country, I'm grateful for my family (all of you!) and my friends (all of you!)

Also for Coca Cola, andU2. Plus so many more things, of course.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends who happen to read this!!! And THANK YOU for everything that you do!

Mwah!

6 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

happy thanksgiving to you too:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

can you email me your address please?

Maddy said...

Hey, you ARE AWESOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for YOU.

Qwendykay said...

Welcome to the Christmas Junkie club... I love seeing everyone all festive.

I make it a point to go Christmas shopping at least once wearing a festive scarf while drinking a peppermint hot chocolate at least once, so that I fully get into the Christmas Spirit.

Lisa said...

i'm grateful for such a sweet friend. i'm thankful for you as well. ;)