Monday, November 19, 2007

For Shanna.....

My friend Shanna is having a boy!! This post is all for her. She mentioned on her blog how she is a little afraid of the thought of having a boy after so many girls. Granted, I only had one girl when I found out that my second child was going to be a boy, but I went through that total fear of not knowing too. How do you take care of a boy? Do you have to wrestle with them? Will they love me as much as my daughter does? Will they remember me on mother's day when they are married? A million things went through my head.

I now know better. Like I told her in an email today, boys love their mommies more than anybody else in the world. I have two momma's boys. - And I love every minute of it.

So, thinking of things that are boyish to pass on to Shanna.

Always check pockets when you do laundry. You'd be surprised at the collection of Downey smelling rocks that will accumulate on top of your washing machine. They love rocks.

Hot Wheels. They love Hot Wheels, and they are great for bribing them to make it through a trip to Target for under $1.

Trains. I think they all are born with the knowledge of Thomas. Wait until you are humming "They're two they're four they're six they're eight.... shunting trucks and hauling frieght....." The best is that there is usually one of these in their hands at all times and they love to run them along the door and window of the car when they are in the carseat. Careful though, the wheels can get stuck in your hair. True story.

Pretty much anything with wheels. They are fascinated by these things, and unfortunately as you all know they never grow out of this.

Someday you will know the name of all 200 Pokemon, including their evolved form. Trust me.

Legos hurt.

Fart jokes and the word butt.

They love to pick pretty weeds for mom. :)

These are just a few of the observations I have made since having boys. If anybody knows more to pass on... leave some for Shanna!

Congratulations my friend!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry you suck but I love you more than words can say! AS if I haven't cried enough already today. Thanks for thinking of me! Thanks for passing on your words of BOY wisdom! Thanks for calming my heart. I am still in shock. I will cry again I am sure when Shane walks thru that door coming home from work tonight. This time he can cry again with me. Thanks for being YOU!!! LOVE YOUR GUTS!

Anonymous said...

1. Huge, obnoxious burps at the family dinner table.

2. Warm, snuggly little boys in your bed on a weekend morning.

3. It's funny how much milk tastes from the correct color cup.

4. Food. "I hate that. What is it?"

Michelle said...

In my house it's everything round. No, scratch that. anything tossable. And size, any shape, if it can be thrown and caught it's in my son's hands. Makes me hate the vaulted ceiling :)

and rocks. Kerry nailed that one. rocks rocks rocks. And you can bet if your girls don't already liked rocks, they will. I swear it rubs off.

Kerry said...

LOL! Yeah that area in your dining room Michelle, it makes for the perfect midair goalpost!

Anonymous said...

ROCKS! I already find those in my washing machine! My girls are obsessed with them! LOL So I need vaulted celings huh? LOL