Thursday, November 01, 2007

halloween 2007

(I still can't get pictures off of my memory card into the computer, so I'll have to post them in a couple more days.) It's totally Maddy's fault for ruining my computer. ;)

Last night was fun. I thought if I had things in order downstairs and dinner somewhat ready that we wouldn't have the major stress out before starting trick or treating. Somehow we still lost track of time and managed to freak out trying to get everybody into costumes, fed and all that.

My mom came over to hand out candy at the house, and brought pizza with her. Thanks mom!

I loved walking around with the kids this year. They stuck together, and I let them run off on their own as long as they stopped at the end of the street if they happened to split up. It was nice that they all got a little taste of independence. I think they really liked that. Our neighborhood is great on Halloween too because there are SO many kids and parents walking around that it feels like a street party. Everybody decorates their houses like crazy, and the streets are lined with jack o lanterns. I always feel like I'm in a movie on halloween night here.

I was easy to find too, if they happened to feel lost. Like Trevor said, "You were the only one wearing a witch hat with feathers sticking out of the top."

At one point Megan even hooked up with the girl from last week's school trouble, and another friend. I swear, girls are so weird.

So all in all, a great halloween. As usual it seems like it came and went pretty fast and I can't believe it is November. It's hard to switch gears and start thinking about Christmas already, (Especially when it is unseasonably hot here still!) but I've already started a little shopping. So far I feel totally on the ball!

And admit it.... who else had candy for breakfast? Haha! ;)

Oh, and check out my ticker at the bottom. Only 11 months, 4 weeks and 2 days until the next one.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehe- I checked out the ticker first thing this morning! ;)

Glad you guys had fun!

Kerry said...

It's kind of sad to see the pumpkin way over on the other side and know that it has a whole year to go now huh?

Maddy said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . .

Kerry said...

Oh no. It's Jingle Maddy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Bring on CHRISTMAS!!!
Kaelene

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

you're so cute! i'm glad everyone had fun (especially mom!)

laura said...

heh - lol at the ticker! ;)

can't wait to see your pictures. can't wait to see YOU! :D