Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy halloween!


Finally.
Not only am I glad that it is Halloween just for the fun day itself, but also this marks the end of the crazy/busy month of October at our house. Fall festivals, pumpkin walks, three birthdays, another month of single parenthood and normal life. October has been a blur.
I feel so unorganized lately. I have a calendar to help me remember who has what on what days and all that, but the bad thing about the calendar is that it doesn't do some of the work for me.
Three halloween class parties today, and stuff that needed to be brought in for those, making regular lunches in hopes that some good food will be eaten by these children today, one more pumpkin to carve, plus a shortened day as far as sunlight goes. I'm sure as soon as the kids get home we'll be getting started on dinner and costumes. I am going nuts with the rushed feeling I've had lately. I'm pretty high anxiety in the first place.
I am officially worn out. Done. Cooked. Frazzled. - and 3 more days left in the countdown!
Happy halloween!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

You're preaching to the choir. This is exactly why i've never embraced Halloween before. By the time it comes, I am sooooo over it! Almost there.

And even better -- the countdown is ON!

Unknown said...

Happy Halloween to my Halloween sister! :D

And I'm right there with you in a state of glee now that the craziest month of the year is over! Woohoo!

Lisa said...

oh, halloween was so fun this year! the best ever. but ready to move on! love that ghost. and when your calendar starts making school lunches make sure you get me the same calendar for next year! :)