Wednesday, October 03, 2007

little tiny airplanes



It is a valuable lesson to be learned. Be careful what you say because you never know when it could become birthday fodder when you have the weirdest of friends!

A million little airplanes! (At least it looked that way!) That is what I got in my front yard for my birthday this year. From what I understand, all hand cut by Beth (the original martha stewart) And since they came the night before, I had NO CLUE about it.

It was hysterical! And I really appreciate the effort considering my front yard is still gravel. Those sticks are hard to get into the ground!! See, had I known, I would have watered the yard for them. But no... they had to be sneaky.

I left them up until the morning so the kids could see them. I noticed neighbors driving slowly trying to figure out what they were. One stopped and said, "It looks like Mike got the job!" I just nodded. How do you explain this funky birthday tradition you know? Haha!

Some of my favorites that I can put on my blog (some I did have to pull out the night before. I still have to live here you know!)

Are you still lactating?

28 days until Halloween

Hello my name is Kerry and I'm a cleanaholic

U2 sucks. <-- That is SO untrue!

genre: non fiction - we love you!

I need adult time!

It's 8:08

Oops I mean 9:11

You KNOW how I feel about tank tops!

Come fly with me

Mmm smell the undo

Kim Possibly the biggest fan ever!

Have you seen my Shego costume?

Can I borrow one more sweater?

Target lover

Clinton/Obama 2008 (WTH!?!?) ;)

Love me, love my dogs

Birthdays are no calorie days

My ipod kicks your ipod's ass

There were more. A lot more. Haha! Thank you to everybody involved whether you were here or in spirit. :) Mwah!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Happy Birthday my friend! That is so funny. I do want to know what "Free Simon" means though. XOXO.

Michelle said...

AAAAACK!! I *JUST* thought of one.

"has anyone seen my penny?"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! I LOVE YOU!

Maddy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I seriously love the birthday tradition the day after. Re-reading the comments and snickering at how funny they are is always the best.

FREE SIMON!!!!!

laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY!!! i love your AZ birthday traditions! i hope you had a great birthday. and girlfriend - why did i get a package on YOUR birthday?!?!?! you are the best!! thank you sooooo much! love you!!

Lisa said...

oh--those are some funny friends of yours! LOL i was there in spirit! happy birthday!

Qwendykay said...

Happy Birthday!!
I really need to make a FREE Simon banner and put it on my blog!!

Wish we lived closer!!!

Anonymous said...

free simon?

Unknown said...

Happy belated! Wish I could have been there, but I thought of you all day! Glad you enjoyed the planes- that Beth person must be an awesome friend and really love you to hand-cut all 62 of those things... :P