Saturday, October 20, 2007

the tooth fairy uses new technology

Not long ago Megan lost a front tooth. I was a horrible mom and remember that was a night Mike was out of town and I was exhausted before I went to bed, so I forgot to put some money under her pillow. Thank goodness that night she had also come into my room because she had a nightmare and slept with me.

So when she woke up to look under her pillow in her room and noticed the tooth was still there, I thought quick and said that I would check my email. Sure enough, the tooth fairy emailed me to say since Megan wasn't in her own bed, she would try again the next night. Whew.

Sure enough the next night she had a visit from the tooth fairy.

Last night Megan looses another tooth. Same deal, she puts the tooth under her bed but this time I don't have ANY cash and it is way too late to go get some. I ended up downstairs and rummaged through my scrap stuff. I found a Target giftcard that was left over from when my friends decorated my front yard with a ton of them on my birthday years ago. I was saving them to make a page someday.

Instead, I wrapped it up with a 'letter from the tooth fairy' that she had $5 credit on this card. (There's nothing left on it, but I always pay the cashier so she would never notice that it was blank anyway.) I had no idea she even had a loose tooth (she told me she didn't know either, so I can't feel that bad.) But I do have to applaude myself for some quick thinking creativity! haha!

Now I have learned my lesson. Trevor has a tooth that has been loose for a couple of weeks. You can bet that I am prepared for that one to come out. I have money ready.

4 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

we had a situation like that once...she had just come back from her dad's for the weekend and she lost it that Monday so the next morning we had to convince her that the tooth fairy was just confused and she had left it at her dad's house instead...LOL. Luckily her dad played along:P

Lisa said...

well we all have funny tooth fairy stories. one morning anna came running in to tell me the tooth fairy had left her $20. wth? yeah--daddy had no change and left the $20 and then told anna she had to leave the change under her bed for the tooth fairy! i don't let dave play the TF anymore!

Maddy said...

Wow, I am impressed with your quick thinking. Not once, but TWICE! Mad props to you. YOu have to be careful with the tooth fairy. Once they figure that out, it all goes down hill from there. Santa, the Easter Bunny. . . GONE!

Lisa- That is so funny!

Unknown said...

This is why my kids have all been 'trained' that if they lose their tooth past a certain time of night, they know that the tooth fairy will come the following night. ;)

Omigosh, Lisa! I cracked up at that! :)