Saturday, July 18, 2009

cheapy facelift

Here is my newly updated kitchen table. It looks nice, but I still have two more chairs to do. I plan on eventually putting some sort of fabric on the seat covers. Ideally I'd like to get some sort of big print/loopy floral or something for some color in the kitchen. I just don't know if my ideal fabric exists since I haven't been out yet.

I give up on trying to start and complete anything during the summer anymore. The mom countdown is on until school starts. One more month. This has been a nice summer and I think we've kept pretty busy and well rounded. I'm just ready to claim my house again.

Not that I want to rub it in or anything - you know I'm a weather geek - but we are enjoying low 70s today! Last night it was in the low 60s and we were actually cold. Which is also the first good nights sleep I've had in a long time without the help of ambien. It's supposed to be like this all weekend, and then heat up again next week. At least I know that the cooler temps get me out of taking the kids to the pool this weekend, which the boys have been driving me crazy about all week.

I'm feeling like a road trip this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The table looks awesome. Great job. Very Pottery Barn, which I know you love;-)

Maddy said...

Yeah, but our kids start school and you're still on summer vacation ;p

I love your table! It looks great. And I can't wait to see the fabric -- if you ever find it.