Saturday, July 11, 2009

Right now...

It's still summer vacation. No "I'm bored" statements yet. Some days are more exciting than others. Nothing really to blog about, so I'm going to do something I saw on Ali's blog then. These are interesting to go back and read over the years and see how many things have changed.

Right now...

Outside my window... the street is wet from rain that we had earlier, sunny, breezy. Every body's lawns are trimmed for the weekend and my neighbor has the most beautiful hydrangeas.

I am thinking... about feeling overwhelmed, but at the same time happy of my accomplishments today. (cleaned mini blinds outside on the driveway and vacuumed the house.) Made dinner and it's all cleaned up already.

I am thankful for... the boys playing a video game together so nicely. Sometimes they really do love each other! Air conditioning (it's a little humid thanks to the rain.) and a game of Sorry on the front steps with Megan.

From the kitchen... chicken breasts sauteed in garlic and butter, spinach, rice and rolls.

I am wearing... denim shorts, a brown Old Navy Tshirt and a ponytail.

I am creating... a puddle on my desk from the condensation from my cup of ice water.

I am going... to take a shower and go to bed early tonight. (with help from an Ambien.)

I am reading... The Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. - and several books on Russian Tortoises before getting one for Trevor for his birthday next month. I'm educating myself in all things tortoise.

I am hoping... for a good night's sleep, for my kids to have good solid and long lasting friendships, for Mike to be safe, for comfort and stability, less stress and a super miraculous job offer with the same amount of pay for Mike in the United States.

I am hearing... the boys in the same room as me playing a Lego Star Wars video game, a lot of laughing and Megan's phone letting her know she got a text. (She's texting a friend back and forth.) Nickelback on the Direct TV channel.

Around the house... Piper is at my feet, folded laundry is on the couch waiting for little hands to take it upstairs, Legos all over the floor.

One of my favorite things... something as simple as waiting until 9:00 tonight to go sit outside and watch the fireflies. I do this nightly until they are gone for the season. Sometimes the kids go out and watch with me. Hearing the cows near the house moo.

A few plans for the following week... go to the pool, go to Cincinnati for errands, library, daily chores. Maybe scrap something.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

i hope for all those things for you too!!!! and for a jack-in-the-box to open on the corner! lol