Thursday, September 02, 2010


above: photo taken at the general store in Rabbit Hash, Kentucky. Really....nothing to do with my post other than I can't stand posting without some sort of visual at the top! But hey, the dog was sweet and maybe it does have to do with life right now since I seem to be doing an awful lot of resting...
Yesterday marked two occasions. First was our 20th Anniversary. Which is hard to believe because it doesn't feel like it's been that long but at the same I feel like we've been together our entire life! I'm a lucky girl to be married to my best friend.
Second was two week pre-op. I had an appointment to see my doctor earlier in the week and everything is healing fine. I am feeling better, but still have moments where I am sore and honestly the one thing that bothers me the most is every now and then there is a sharp pain that I almost feel like I have to do lamaze breathing to get through. It's normal, but uncomfortable none the less. Just a mark in the process of getting all of this healed and moving forward with finally feeling better all the way around.
I found a message board with people who had the same procedure done on or near the same date as me, and I read every body's updates. I seem to be in line with what everybody else is feeling too. Good news.
I feel so scattered. Which I hate. I'm limited to what I can do and it is making me crazy that I actually have the time off of work to where on a normal day I should be able to get quite a bit done! I even miss work. When my sister was out here helping out, we were talking about this crazy genetic work ethic that we seem to have. I actually enjoy it.... I mean, I'm a dork who doesn't really complain when I have to be there! So at least if I can't be feeling useful here at the house, I'd like to be feeling useful somewhere else! Only a couple more weeks though, and I can get back to routine.
Another huge life change coming up. Honestly, I feel like for the past couple of years I have been a pinball that keeps spastically going back and forth, hitting the bumpers inside the machine. The ones at the top where you don't know when the ball finally starts to roll downward for you to hit it back up again? That's me. lol. I don't see it as necessarily a bad thing, but still I'd really like to just have a set of plans in motion that I can breathe a bit for awhile, dig in and move forward. More on that later....this is the internet....and all that.
Which brings me back to scattered again. See? I feel very scattered right now. Good. But scattered!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

so happy that you are feeling better. everywhere in the world sticky counters are starting to get scared!

JAFP said...

You're not 1/2 as lucky as I am. Every day, I'm thankful for you.

Mike