Saturday, September 18, 2010

post #777 and Copenhagen


I want to be sitting at the restaurant on the right.... eating outside, watching people and things go by. Mike is in Copenhagen right now, and took this photo. It looks like such a cool city.
*
Well....there have been so many times I have sat down and started a post, only to save it in drafts and not publish it. Things have just been the same around here...not that it's a bad thing, just that it gets boring blogging about nothing at times. Or the opposite of there being so much that it stressed me out figuring out how to get it all down.
*
Each time I would sit down and try to write something I'd feel pressure of trying to recap what has been going on. Just for myself really, because I do like to go back to read old posts every now and then when I'm feeling nostalgic or wondering what I was doing four years, five years, or even a year ago at the time. It's interesting just to see how much life has changed. It's no secret that we've been struggling a little since Mike's furlough, so my ideas about where I'd be at a certain point in my life aren't matching up with where we really are. So sometimes I do go back just as a reminder. A reminder that what I'm doing right now won't necessarily be what I'll be doing a year, four or five from NOW.
*
So I figure instead of feeling the pressure to tell my story about the whole hospitalization stuff, Mike's work stuff....etc....I'm just going to start from today. Whew....There's been some big changes and adjustments and it wears me out thinking of how to get it down in writing. On a little side note, this makes post number 777 of my blog. That's kind of cool.
*
I start work again tomorrow! I am really excited about it. It will be nice to get out and be in the world again. I missed a huge overnight Christmas set so it sounds like when I go back the store will be in Christmas mode. What happened to Halloween and why does Christmas keep bumping it out earlier and earlier each year? haha. Pumpkins, cute ghosts and reindeer....I can't get used to that.
*
The weather here is wonderful. Leaves are already falling. I'm enjoying having my windows open again.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

it's 90 degrees here. i hate you. but congrats on blog post 777!

Anonymous said...

777!!! I think that's finally the way it's going to be for us now. It's our turn.

Keep up the posts. It makes me feel closer to home!

Love,

Mike