Wednesday, October 12, 2011

13.

For a few years now, both Megan and Trevor's requests for birthday cake have been a bit nontraditional. That's ok. Trevor wanted pumpkin pie, and Megan asked for Paula Deen's Gooey butter pumpkin cake. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but anybody who had had it knows how good this thing is. Hello? Two sticks of butter? Cream cheese? Powdered sugar? Pumpkin filling and a cake mix? It is goooood. I made two, and we had one on standby that wouldn't come out of the pan....so this is the one that made it for candles and singing. (ha, and I just noticed how similar my photo is to hers on her site. My little pumpkins really do sit on this kitchen island this time of year....they just happened to be there.)

Most of the day I was getting things ready for tonight. Getting patties ready for grilling, blowing the leaves off of the deck so we could eat outside, cleaning, etc. Megan spent a lot of time sitting on the couch, drawing in a new sketchbook. I took a short break to land airplanes on my phone. (A mind numbing game that I am addicted to at the moment!)





At the moment there are several girls upstairs (being pretty quiet....) and so far they are all doing so well. This is a good group of girls that do everything together. No drama. They have all eaten, taken tv breaks, run outside breaks, and more eating breaks. Having a birthday fall during fall break is the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks in support of sharing such a fastidious opinion, piece
of writing is nice, thats why i have read it fully

Take a look at my webpage ... http://imgstrongarmworld.com/profile/EulaliaThurman