Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's a BEAUTIFUL DAY!




Like the song says: The heart is a bloom - Shoots up through the stony ground. If my heart could sprout wings, it would fly right out of me today. I feel like that bloom today. :)

Today is beyond awesome. First of all, it's overcast and rainy which is usually a good day for some intense U2 listening therapy. (I'll use any excuse really.....lol) but I have always, for some reason or another, loved watching U2 videos on days like this. Ever since Under A Blood Red Sky decades ago. Rainy days always remind me of those days of staying in and watching them. They still do.


I have the Vertigo tour from Chicago in right now as I go about cleaning the kitchen and doing my downstairs chores.

BUT all the cool little tie-ins today. That airport that is in the above photo? Charles de Gaulle International in Paris. - Where the photo for the album was taken and the video for Beautiful Day was shot. But what else you say???? MY HUSBAND IS THERE! 4,000 miles closer to coming home!!!!!

I can't stand it. Today is the BEST DAY EVER. Or .... tomorrow will be when I pick him up from the airport here. I did get to IM with him earlier without any internet interruptions (Yemen internet is frustrating to say the least.) and it just feels..... GOOD. Content. Happy.

It's the perfect storm of happy today. Mike coming home, U2 and a great moody weather day.



I am you and you are mine
Love makes nonsense of space And time... will disappear
Love and logic keep us clear Reason is on our side, love...

Miracle Drug


POTD. It was raining when I stopped to get the mail before heading out to pick up Megan from school. These trees are by the mailbox bank. I loved the droplets of water on the berries. - Someday..... a macro lense to take better close ups.

3 comments:

Qwendykay said...

Hooray for you!!! Hooray for Mike coming home!

So excited for you.

Lisa said...

awesome! i love rainy days too! so excited for mike to come home to his family that has missed him terribly!

graet pic by the way!!

megan shumway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.