Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday!


(This kid, unlike me, isn't very excited about it being so early on a Monday morning. He looks tired.)
I don't know if I've ever been so excited about a Monday. This is a big week for the family! I feel like there is a constant smile on my face! So.... I figured this would be a good week to do a photo a day, and finish the layout on Sunday. I love looking back at these after awhile. So stay tuned!
The weekend went by pretty quickly. I had plans of working my children like crazy to clean the house. Actually it's their mess anyway, so I think that is fair. ;) But... plans change. In the early afternoon on Saturday Trevor's friend called to see if he could play. I reminded him that he could go for a little bit but there were still chores to do. Of course a few hours into play, I get a phone call, "Mom, can I go out to dinner with them?" OK.... Then after dinner, "Mom, can I have a sleep over?" I talked to the other mom, who loves having Trevor over because he's a polite guest (Love hearing things like that, it makes me feel like I'm doing my job right!) and she told me the list that Trevor was then telling her to tell me to bring over. DS, Bionicles, Mario Party for the wii....and the boring things like toothbrushes, etc.
Then Megan had been over at a friend's house since lunchtime. She shows up and asks if she can have a sleepover too. She packs and is off. It's just me and Matthew for the night. Who is upset that he didn't have any plans. So let's ditch the chores and do something ourselves. We had dinner and went out for ice cream. I gave him a small Lego Star Wars thing I had bought for his stocking, and we had our own sleepover. It was fun. It has been a long time since I've been able to have one on one time with any of the kids. It was really nice.
So here is the beginning of our exciting week. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big SMILE from Doha, Qatar!

Lisa said...

i just made a new years resolution to take a picture a day! maybe i should start with a week! i can't wait to see your layout!