Thursday, February 21, 2008

random



Nothing really exciting to blog about, but I have some random things I’ve been thinking about.

I wish I had an English accent. I could listen to a person with a British accent read the phone book for hours. I would like to sound that cool.

I wish U2 and Green Day would do an entire album together.

The weather is perfect, and the trees are starting to get new leaves.

While waiting at the doctor today I realized I had rubber lettuce and bologna in my purse. A pair of socks, a box of raisins and a small collection of cars. Why am I carrying this stuff around with me?

All three of my kids must be in a growth spurt right now. They are seriously eating… A LOT.

And speaking of U2, right now I’m sitting here, taking a break from the daily stuff and watching one of my U2 concert DVDs. Man, I love these guys. I swear they are like a drug. If I’m ever tired or bummed nothing can bring me up again like them. It seems so weird that it’s been like this for sooooo long. 1983. War album. Ever since then, I feel like I have had a soundtrack to my life. Certain songs from different eras can put me back in a time and place so quickly and bring back memories. Like musical scrapbooking.

I’m always so glad that I fell in love with a band that is still going. I STILL have stuff to look forward to. I don’t know if Mike ever thinks about it, but thank goodness he liked U2 girl of Corona del Sol, and I wasn’t given the nickname of Dexys Midnight Runners girl (who??? My point exactly.) instead because the poor guy still has to listen to U2 every. Single. Day. (Or maybe that’s why he took a job where he has to fly back east for weeks at a time. Hmmm.)
One love. Peace out ya'll.

7 comments:

Kaelene said...

Kerry, you are so cool! Although Dexy's Midnight Runner isn't as cool as U2, I do like their "one hit wonder"ness!
I miss ya - we gotta scrap soon! And, we should have a "What's in YOUR purse??" contest!

Maddy said...

I love your random purse stuff. There's a "Bag Tag going around that I totally want to do. You shou1dl` do it!

Maddy said...

I love your random purse stuff. There's a "Bag Tag going around that I totally want to do. You shou1dl` do it!

Anonymous said...

Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye

-or-

With Or Without You

I think I'm glad to have met U2 Girl instead of Dexy's Girl.

laura said...

you could pretend to be madonna or britney spears, and speak with an accent. everyone would just think you were really pretentious, and they'd talk about you in the Enquirer, but hey, that's ok! :P

LOL at the rubber food in your purse - we all have those little gems, don't we?

Qwendykay said...

Nathan loves Green Day. I never did the whole Kiddie Music with them. Even when they were babies and I'd sing to them, it was Green Day "time of your life" U2, or the Beatles.

Love the random purse stuff.

Lisa said...

he could have just called you eileen! ha
you must be turning into swiss army beth with your purse!