Sunday, February 17, 2008

SCORE!!

Hey, have I ever mentioned how much I love Target?

I have to give credit where credit is due here. I 'like' valentines day. I'm usually not crazy about it enough to decorate or anything like that. So the thought of hitting Target for valentine clearance hadn't even occured to me.

Until Maddy called me on Friday morning to ask me to do some personal shopping. She needed more of these treat boxes for Ellie's birthday. Sure, twist my arm I wasn't planning on going that day, but for a friend I'll go to Target. ;)

I found her boxes and then found some other stuff I thought I needed. A red velvet cupcake kit and pink sugar cookie kit, complete with cookie cutter and sprinkles. Plus some melting chocolate, and a couple of silicon baking pans with heart shapes to make muffins or heart shaped brownies or something. All of this was 50% off and super cheap. I figured one of the kits would be a good weekend project for the kids and I to do.

Then as I'm in bed last night I'm starting to obsess with, "Why didn't I get that? Or this?" Sure enough first thing today we end up at Target again. Only today stuff was 75% off. OK, so here is where Maddy comes in. The girl is brilliant. You all know her party making abilities and how Ellie has had the most cool and incredible parties right down to the perfect invitations.

Megan's birthday is in October, but maybe I should get some treat boxes for goodie bags. They'd be cool to have around anyway. They don't say valentine anything on them. Hmm, oh! I need paper plates! 40 cents for 10 paper dinner plates, desert plates, treat boxes... oh, pencils for treat boxes, little pads of paper, drink stirrers, cups.... I went a little crazy. Even the metal tree for birthday cards. Yeah, Megan's party this year is going to be themed around the cupcake and heart designs on the valentines stuff. We're both pretty excited about this. - and the best is it was all under $20.

Plus I got enough treat bags for next year for all three of the kids school parties, and adorable Lego valentines for Matthew. Bring it on. I'm ready for next year.

I love Target. I do. I reeeeally do.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, I hadn't thought of going to Target for post Valentine stuff either. Now you've inspired me. :)

The birthday party for Meghan sounds like so much fun! Good job on all these finds.

Maddy said...

Thanks for picking up the treat bags for me and going back for the plates! You are the best! I love Target -- and YES, I do want to borrow that adorable tree for the party.

laura said...

oh, i bought the cupcake plates and napkins (at full price, unfortunately) because i thought they were too cute! i should go see if they have any more...

you definitely scored!! :)

Lisa said...

i had no idea of your obsession, i mean love, of target. who knew? pink and hearts. perfect for any girls birthday!!!

Kaelene said...

Way to go, Target addicts!!