Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter surprise.


Easter Sunday was the first day of the big surprise for the kids that Mike had planned for when he came home. We went overnight (Sunday and Monday) to Great Wolf Lodge in Ohio.
It is the coolest place. It is always 84 degrees in this HUGE indoor waterpark. So I think it may have to become a winter vacation tradition. It would be cool to watch it snow outside while you are going down slides and tubing in a wave pool inside. The hotel is attached, so you never need to go outside between the park and your room. The kids had an absolute blast. Mike and I are waterlogged and totally worn out at this point.
We didn't have time to put together Matthew's new Star Wars lego set before we left, but he brought Darth Vader with him. He held him in his hand the whole car ride up to Mason (not far from our house at all....maybe an hour at the most.) On Sunday night after a full day of playing at the waterpark, this photo is what I found in his bed. Totally zonked.
I didn't get many pictures since I decided I'd be IN on the family stuff this time. Now for my awesomeness in being a mom, getting wet, being in public with a bathing suit and NO makeup, I am going to enjoy all of my Sunday night TV programming with the fireplace on. :) I hope everybody had a very nice Easter weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh- how fun! I think I've seen that place on the Travel Channel. What a great surprise for the kids!

Cute photo. :)