Saturday, October 03, 2009

birthday.



I think I have made more appearances on my blog in the past month than I have over the past several years. Three reasons:


First: my little girl is interested in photography and is turning the camera around on me after the past 10 years of living with one in her face. I guess that is only fair. She's doing pretty good though. She comes from a very long line of family who has always enjoyed photography.


second: requests from my overseas man and family so they can remember what I look like.




third: I have lost 30 pounds and am back in my old jeans! Like PRE - Trevor. I'm still working on the pre-Megan jeans, but I'm getting there. It's all part of feeling better and not hiding as much as I did before.




fourth: (I know, I just remembered this one) I was looking through old photos of Mike and I back when we were dating and just married and holy cow I realized how much time has gone by. We've known each other forever. It was interesting seeing the changes over the years, so I really do need to be better about being in photos so my kids can see someday too.




So today is my birthday. The big THREE - NINER.


Right now: Megan is making me a birthday cake all on her own. I'm not allowed to help. Trevor is playing with Legos, Matthew is on the couch sick (it's his turn after Trevor was sick all last week.) and Mike is asleep in Yemen. I did get to talk to him today (I do daily.) but it was nice to hear from him on today of all days. I have also heard from family and friends. Thank you to everybody for the birthday wishes!




It is 54 degrees outside. Which made me very happy to be able to put on a coat for a few outdoor photos. I love coats. I always have, and collected them. It was hard in Arizona since I never got to wear them to their full potential there (But that is where I found most of them since they go on wicked clearance when it's 110 degrees!) Here though, they get worn all the time. I'll have to count how many I have someday. Some women buy shoes like crazy, and I've always been a coat girl.



I mentioned to my mom last year how much I love winter here when I was sitting at P.F. Changs with Mike one day for lunch. Business people were coming in from a light snow, with long coats and men with hats. It must be something that reminds me of the 40s, a time that I love. Men should always wear hats. It's awesome. I remember going back to the restroom and needing to walk through the coat room. A real, honest to goodness room dedicated to nothing but hanging coats and hats. SO COOL. It was heaven. I love coats.


There's even something cozy about breaking out the boots and feeling warm. If I could skip in those heels, you bet I would. It's the best time of the year!











6 comments:

Maddy said...

I was going to say -- YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! And then I read that you lost 30 pounds -- WOW! Hooray for you. You are AMAZING!!! I'm so excited for you. You seriously look FAB!

Love you, miss you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kaelene said...

Kerry - I am so glad that you mentioned that it is your b-day! I knew it was coming up, but didn't remember which day! D'OH!
Happy Birthday Girl!! You look great!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL 39 YEAR YOUNG YOU ARE TODAY! YOU LOOK JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER AT THAT AGE! YES, PHOTOGRAPHY IS IN YOUR FAMILY GENES ! ALWAYS GREAT BLOG PICS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY! DID YOU GET MANY E-BIRTHDAY CARDS TODAY?


HAPPY, SPECIAL GIFT DAY TOO..AND MANY MORE BIRTHDAYS FOR KERRY LYNN!

Anonymous said...

Well, sorry I was asleep when you posted this. I love the photos. You look amazing and I'm so proud of you!

I'm glad everyone made you feel special on your birthday. You should feel special every day!

I love you,

M/D

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful!
Happy 39!

:) Karen

Lisa said...

those pictures are great!! you look fabulous!