Saturday, October 31, 2009

Darth Vader, Garden Fairy and Luke Skywalker


Well the rain left early, in time for the street to dry up and kids to go trick or treating. However - it was FREEZING. It was 50 degrees, but with the breeze it felt much colder. Megan was freezing and put her wings on and took her coat off long enough for a quick photo. It's too bad because the wings are huge and cute. The boys have sweats on underneath their costumes. I sure wish I would have thought of a black turtleneck for Trevor's costume.
I wish I would have gotten more photos but I wasn't feeling it this year. - and it was too cold. I did manage to handle the whole night by myself since Mike still isn't back yet. Megan went out with a friend of hers, and the boys kept going around with a big group of friends that they know. It all worked out, but I felt kind of bad not being out there with them. Who knows, they might be at the age that it only adds to the fun to not have mom or dad hanging back while they run house to house.
I still can't get used to trick or treating hours here in Kentucky. It is from 6 - 8. At 7:59 the doorbell stops ringing. There are some die hards that are out sitting in their driveways with fire pits and bowls of candy, but I am happily tucked inside with the heat on.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

1. The first thing I thought when I saw that pictures: YOU DON'T LIVE IN ARIZONA ANYMORE! Brrr, Megan looks cold.

2. No one came to our house after 8 either.

3. Nate and ELlie took off on me and it was just Sadie and me walking around, so yes, they would have itched you anyway.

Anonymous said...

So glad to finally have internet back! It is so bad here.

I love the costumes. They all look so cute. I'm really glad the rain went away and saved Halloween!

Love,

M/D

Lisa said...

love it. they are so cute.