Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Today - a perfect fall day.

Not a whole lot going on, but I got tired of seeing my face every time I'd log on to look at the radar for the weather. Believe it or not, that thing is pretty accurate so I'm always checking.
Yesterday was a weird, windy, cold and gray ominous day. Today was gorgeous again. Pretty blue sky, puffy clouds..... a little chilly, but perfect sweater weather unless you just found a cozy spot in the sun. Sometimes I take advantage of this weather and sit on the front steps with the kids and talk about the day at school. - Also take advantage of the sun to get the torts out. (For some reason I swear they are potty trained, and I'd rather have them poop out in the yard than in the terrarium!) I love to watch them right now anyway... the sun is so warm they stretch their necks out and bask. I'd like to be a tort for a day. :)


Really, do only scrapbookers raised on 2Peas photograph food? I don't know what made me take a picture of dinner tonight, but it was as good as it looked. The best thing about this time of year? Easy dinner, warm comfort food. Baked potato soup and turkey and cheese croissants. I was trying a new turkey this time and got sun dried tomato. It is goooood!

- and while having the camera out front with me getting a picture of T after school today, I might as well get one of a tortoise right? Since our lives are so exciting right now! But this does remind me that while I go for walks I am always looking out for dandelions since they are like the crack of the tort world. They love these things, and I am the crazy tortoise lady who collects weeds out of people's yards and then sits out front watching them roam the yard. I'm not terribly worried until I get a leash for them and actually take them on the walk with me.
Megan and Matthew have been home sick all week. It has been their turn after Trevor was home all of last week. Also, the countdown to Mike coming home is on. :) That makes for a very happy Kerry.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo of T-man. I can't wait to have some comfort food...human kind. Remember the dandelions at the Wickenburg Inn? blech.