Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boys.


You think I like the Gap? LOL. Believe it or not, the stuff in all the photos lately is all from the real store even and not the outlet. I think I may have a bit of a problem. In fairness, that red jacket Matthew is wearing was once Trevor's. And someday that orange Tshirt will be Matthew's too!
So...
I'm waiting for the Ambien to kick in. I seem to be headed towards another bout of insomnia. I'm also feeling kind of melancholy tonight. Tonight was supposed to be the night I was going to the airport to pick Mike up to come home, but things have been delayed once again. :*(
But tonight it hit me as I was sitting there after the kids had gone to sleep, and I was putting together a Lego set that Matthew had picked out earlier tonight at Target. The last of the birthdays are over for the year. I always feel in August for Trevor's birthday that there are still more left...so I don't think about it much, and feel like his gets extra attention. Unless it's on the first day of school like it was last year. Even this year it was in the first week of school, and that alone brings it's own kind of crazy.
Then when when October hits it's like a race to the finish. There is literally a birthday every week, and then Halloween to top it all off. It was just like a heavy sigh tonight. I think it almost goes by so fast that I don't feel like I really had a chance to let them sink in. I want to remember every detail, and make sure each one feels special. This was also kind of a weird one for Megan since I was so sick on her birthday that she ended up taking care of me.
So in a way, I'm sad that it's all over until June (Mike's birthday) but also glad that October has been busy enough to go by quickly so we can start the countdown for him coming home again. I hope that the next few weeks go by fast.
Peace out. I think the ambien is working. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least October is flying by, right? 3 more weeks!

Lisa said...

i can't believe how fast October has gone by either!!!!