Wednesday, December 16, 2009

little holiday update...

I took this photo of the boys from the family room when Mike and I were watching TV together the other night. (He finally had a night off!) It was before we had put decorations on the tree. I remember loving sitting in the same room as our Christmas tree, sitting in the dark, looking at the lights or just wanting to be near it when I was a kid. I loved that the boys were playing a video game together and enjoying the lights too. The boys have been inseperable friends lately.



The tree is now decorated and the skirt is around the bottom. And no Star Wars ships at the bottom for the time being.




Today while the kids were in school I started rolling and cutting some cookies. This year we are making cookies instead of our usual gingerbread house project. I baked a lot of trees, bells, stars and wreaths and tomorrow after school we can decorate them. I figured I'd make the cookies before all of my 'help' arrived. I was talking to my sister on the phone while baking.... she wanted to smell the cookies. :) Here is a photo for her. *Hi Kim! I hope you are feeling better!*



I also scored on finding some snowboots at Once Upon A Child today. Last year we didn't have any, and were not prepared well for the snow. This year I found stuff early and we are set with snow pants, heavy jackets, boots and real gloves that snow doesn't stick to so we can make a snowman. Matthew has been so happy about his new boots that he is walking around the house in them, with jeans and his Cincinnati Reds shirt. I can't help but laugh at him.... he looks like Napoleon Dynamite. I keep waiting for him to start dancing. Gosh.



We are supposed to get snow this weekend!! I'm hoping! I saw a snow plow truck on our street today. Hopefully figuring out his route!










3 comments:

Maddy said...

I can't see the pics for some reason so I'll have to come back another time and look -- but I got your card today and I love it. Mike is SO SKINNY! You look pretty hot yourself!

Lisa said...

dude! i do not have my card yet. sheesh. but that i'm lovin' that rolling pin!

Megan said...

very cute picture of the cookies. read my blog, i kinda have to start blogging again because i gave nick my permission and told him to remind me to blog, so read mine!!!!:)


megan