Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ah, another favorite holiday commercial.....

Another post today. I'm just feeling bored and I'm still on the topic of commercials.

There is one that makes me laugh every single year. I remember the very first time I saw it I was on the couch, and when it was done Mike and I looked at each other and just laughed at how ridiculous it was.

Sanderson Farms.

It's all nice and mellow with a chorus singing The First Noel in the background. They show people at the chicken farm with grain silos behind them, smiling and waving. It must be a happy place to work.

Then a huge semi truck is leaving the white fenced farm. You know where those chickens are going.

Then people working in the processing plant or the slaughterhouse or whatever are smiling and waving as the peaceful music is still in the background.

Then you see somebody driving a forklift with little packages of neatly wrapped chicken pieces, waving and smiling.

In between the chicken's torure are heartwarming scenes of families sitting by the fire eating Christmas cookies, small boys putting ornaments on a Christmas tree..... awwww.....

Then the last scene is a family table, with what looks like a dozen people dressed up and sitting around waiting to have a beautiful holiday dinner.

Then...

then the grandpa carves the one lone chicken sitting on a platter, surrounded by fresh rosemary sprigs and lime slices.

Who the hell carves a chicken?????? I've only known people to tear them apart. Not carve it like it is some big turkey. And is that one lone chicken going to feed that dozen people waiting to eat? I feel like I watched that chicken go from farm to platter. It's just so odd.

But Happy Holidays from Sanderson Farms. I don't think the chickens share that same sentiment. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry, you CRACK ME UP!! I feel like I should come and kidnap you for some more adult time, but I'm like Shanna . . .too much to do and so little time in which to do it!
Still love ya, though!!
Kaelene

Maddy said...

The food ones are always weird because honestly, food doesn't make me think of the holidays. In fact the whole holiday season I'm thinking -- I shouldn't eat. I shouldn't eat. But I give in and do anyways! In fact I think I hear a pumpkin roll calling my name. . .