Monday, December 17, 2007

speaking of commercials....

Sometimes I miss the days of PBS. Commercial-less children's programming. Because once they graduate to something like Disney Channel, Nick or whatever - they start seeing commercials for all sorts of crap.

I love it when it is something that is ONLY 3 easy payments of $24.99!

Especially this time of year. I can't even count how many times a day I hear, "Mommy! Sometime can I have that?!?!" Which I usually half heartedly reply with, "Maybe you can ask Santa for Christmas." In hopes that they will forget what it is they thought they couldn't live without for that moment.

Today I realized how bad Matthew has it when he saw a commercial for Progressive, and asked me the usual. Yeah, for Christmas you can have car insurance. For the child who has everything. - Except the car.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

very funny! haley asks for every single thing she sees on tv too!

Maddy said...

ha ha ha! You are so stinking funny! I usually just say, "YES!" They can't remember what all they asked for because there is so much stinking stuff on and it's starts in July!