Friday, March 14, 2008

spring break begins!


It is officially spring break! I'm excited about having the kids home this next week. Mike will even be here for most of it, so I have pretty high hopes for the week.

Today was gorgeous, and we got a new frisbee for the dog. She's such a doof, and not the most agile of retrievers, but hey, she brings it back at some point.

I'm noticing a trend here too. There are a lot of dog pictures. I'm not favoring and Megan and Piper right now, but for some reason both of my boys are done with the camera. I sense I'm going to have to start bribing them soon.

We really do have exciting lives. I always love when somebody says to me, "Your husband is a pilot, that must mean you get to travel a lot!" Not so much.

I used to. And trust me, I'm craving to get away right now. Of course now that I can fly just about anywhere I want to for free. But... there's the whole thing of kind of wanting the other spouse there too. This period with the airline he is at is difficult, but hopefully when it is over we can go somewhere. Until then... my favorite place is still:


Target. I love this little sign. I don't know why, but I had to take a picture of it this morning just for the heck of it.

I'm looking forward to a whole week of sleeping in past 6:00 in the morning, not worrying about homework, and getting lunches and backpacks ready every night. :)


2 comments:

laura said...

sleeping in rules. and that's all i have to say about that! ;)

target and i are on a break...

jen paddack-hyde said...

I meant to tell you that Alex is there (in Arizona) at my sister's this week...enjoying her spring break too:) Hope you have a good time with the kids:)