Tuesday, March 25, 2008

random - expletive Tuesday.


For once, Tuesday doesn't suck! A few of my friends know how much I dreaded Tuesdays for a long time. It was the day I always had a couple of unpleasant things every week, and on top of it all it used to be the night every week that Mike was out of town. Seriously, if something was going to go wrong..... it ALWAYS did on a Tuesday.


They've gotten somewhat better now that two of those unpleasant things are out of my life, but every now and then something still manages to remind me that Tuesdays should just be banned.


Except today. The weather is perfect. I think Arizona is actually getting a spring this year, a U2 DVD is playing while I clean my house and get some other jobs done, the kids are all happily back in school and best of all Mike is on his way home from New York right now!


Nothing really exciting to report about. We had a nice spring break with the kids even though we didn't go anywhere this time. Mike was home most of the week, so it was nice just to be a family and go see movies, have lunch, go to the park and ride bikes. To me that was much better than anything else. We all got to connect again, which with this crazy year is something huge for all of us. Thank goodness though, this first year is almost over and life should get back to normal with Mike's schedule and we won't be living on separate coasts!


There are so many things that are reminding me right now of the changes in the past year. Piper (who is snoring at my feet) has been here a year, we were on a cruise this time last year, Mike has been with his airline for a year, and I'm still the same weight. Ha, even though I swore I wouldn't be by the time it was short weather again. At least I can count on that being a constant. ;) But hey, I'm even working on that now. In very teeny tiny baby steps.

6 comments:

Kaelene said...

Speaking of changing sizes and expletives! LOL
I can't wait 'til Friday, when we can put ANY talk of weightloss on hold!
Love your photo!

Michelle said...

dang it. with the exception of it being Noah's b-day today really did suck!!!

So while I never really noticed Tuesdays before I have to say, I'm signing that petition to get rid of'em. Heck, I'd even repeat a monday! haha

Maddy said...

WAHOO!!! Glad you've got so much to look forward to. No wonder you didn't answer my call. Sorry I missed yours!

Lisa said...

glad tuesdays are all better for you!!

Lorie said...

I am actually a fan of Tuesdays! It is Thursdats that I think stink! So now that your Tuesdays are all better you can start loathing Thursdays with me.

laura said...

glad you had a good tuesday! ;)