Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Wow. American Idol tonight dawg.....

(A little Randy Jackson there)

I always watch this show with the kids. Tonight was 80's night. What's his name (He bores me, so I can't even remember his name.) sings a Wham song and Megan asks me, "MOM! Do you remember that song from when you were a little kid?"

Yeah sweetheart I remember that song. I was in high school. Not so much a little kid. I'm officially ancient to my kids. Wonderful.

David Cook. OK I'm officially in love with him after that version of Lionel Ritchie's Hello. I actually even rewound it to watch it a few times. Blew me over.

Most of the guys are great. I'm not loving any of the girls. Tonight was an exceptionally great episode.

Yeah, the 80's rock.

And speaking of the 80's, yesterday I almost wrote about this but it seemed way too random for a blog post. Remember back when you’d occasionally see a strung out wad of cassette tape that had been pulled out of the plastic cassette, flapping in the wind (and usually stuck on a tumbleweed) You used to see that all the time.

6 comments:

laura said...

i don't watch AI, but i totally remember the cassette tapes! ;)

Kaelene said...

I DO remember that . . . and once in a great while I will see that still. Mostly dead CDs, though!
I'm not a huge AI fan, but I LOVE 80s music!!!!!!!!!!

Maddy said...

Ha ha haaaaa. Just wanted to tell you that you make me laugh!

And hotmail hates me because every time I e-mail you, I get a delay notice.

Unknown said...

Yes- it was an awesome episode, but I can't figure out why for 80's night the guys chose Wham, Celine Dion and Whitney Houston songs! I mean seriously- we had much better music than that!! ;)

And I hate to say it, but I'm over little David. He's got a great voice and he's adorable, but it's so obvious he's prepped it's getting annoying. His reasoning for choosing the song (er, sad ballad- again) was like a rehearsed pageant speech. Gag. Just sing and look cute, k? :P

And until David Cooke gets in the stylist chair after reaching Top 12, I have to close my eyes to watch him sing. The hair is awful!

I could go on and on, but I really did enjoy the show last night- honest! :D

Lisa said...

i didn't see it. my girls just told me who got voted off and carson was very sad about the guy.

Kaelene said...

Kerry - I am sorry about your grandma. Death always gives us a chance to reminisce and resolve to live life more fully, doesn't it? I hope that you are doing okay.