Friday, July 11, 2008

breathe out....


This is an oddly familiar sight. I haven't scrapped in MONTHS. Thanks to garage sale preparation, packing, moving, driving, moving in..... this was one of the last things I had time for. Let me tell you, when you think you are burnt out or have no mojo for your favorite hobby anymore I suggest a move. You'll get so tired of the moving that all you can think about is getting back to something you actually DO enjoy.

I finally decided to order some photos and spend some time doing something that is relaxing for me. The past two nights I have stayed up way too late (still 3:00 a.m. - not used to the time difference, or trying to get used to it yet.) My companions are CSI, Hell's Kitchen and Family Guy. Waving to my old scrapping buddies because I really miss you all on nights like this. I can't just call and say, "Hey, do you want to come over?" But you are in my thoughts.

I have filled the album that my friends gave me to do on the road, but I'm still finishing it up. I'm waiting for another photo order. I promise to post it when I'm done. I hand wrote my journaling and slipped it in the pockets along the road, while waiting for kids to fall asleep in hotel rooms. That makes completing it pretty easy! Thanks again you guys!!

I have been working on my blog album the past couple of nights, and a couple of layouts that I've started. All I can say is, remember to take care of yourself once in awhile and do something that you enjoy. It has helped immensely! Laundry can wait, especially in the middle of the night. I have had this on the back burner for far too long and I forgot how much fun it is. :)

So hopefully here is to getting back on track, stabilizing and getting back to a normal groove!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

oh I LOVE that the album worked for you on the road. Exactly what we had in mind. That makes my day. Can't wait to see what cuteness you did with it!!!

And here's to scrappin for ourselves. I'm with you there girlfriend!

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy you're making "our" album! ;)

I've been scrapping, too. It's weird how we're all separated, and now we're getting back into what we all have in common. Maybe we're missing each other and this is our way of 'coping'... :)

Can' wait to see the finished product!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

that's great that you were able to work on your album while you were on the road! what an awesome keepsake!

Maddy said...

ACK! Everyone scrapping is starting to stress me out. Do you know that I haven't scrapped since you left? And. . . don't die when I admit this. . . I haven't done a darn thing for Christmas. ACK!

Kaelene said...

Thanks for bringing a tear to my eye, on this (sucky) Monday morning! I miss scrappin' with you, too, girl!
And you are sooooooooooooo right about doing something for yourself . . . we all need that!
And I'm aghast that Maddy just made that confession on your blog!

Unknown said...

Holy heck! You mean I've done more for Christmas than Maddy?! I've already bought some gifts!! And- gasp- wrapped!

Girlfriend needs to stop slacking and catch up...:P