Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You'll be glad to know that the weather here is less than stellar today. It's hot and muggy. Hey, the bright side is it is supposed to be cooler next week.

But somehow this weather got me to thinking about Halloween....

See, I have this weird way of wishing the summer months away caused by summertime cabin fever in Phoenix. You hope that June keeps you busy enough to not notice that it's hot. Then July...yeah, you try not to think about it some more.

Usually by mid July is when I can't stand ignoring it anymore, which probably coincides with the same time that my kids start to announce that they are bored to death of everything we've tried to do over the summer to keep them occupied.

August is long, and hot... but then I realize there is hope... because the next month is September. I realize that even September can be as hot as August, but there's something in me that refuses to believe it. September just SOUNDS cooler. September gives me hope. Hope that cooler days are on their way and the kids have started school and are usually still excited about it during the first month. Plus September is when the Halloween stuff starts to show itself at Target! (You know how forward I look to that!)

Then you know what comes after that... OCTOBER. Birthdays and Halloween. October is a good month. (hey girls! I have a LAWN here! Doesn't that figure? Haha!)

To throw in some confusion, when we first moved here I was out at the mall with Megan. We passed by a Hallmark store and I noticed a huge display up front that was black and orange! I started to get so excited! Do they really put Halloween stuff out this early here?!? That would have been nice until I got up closer and realized that black and orange is also the color of the Cincinnati Bengals. Oh man... and here I got all excited.

The countdown to fall has begun.

4 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

usually by the end of August I'm so ready for the fall. It's one of my favorite times:) Right when the weather starts to change...get cooler. Too funny about the Bengals display...LOL

Lisa said...

it's not officially the countdown until i see the halloween ticker!

Kaelene said...

ya, I miss the Halloween ticker too! Where is it??????

Kerry said...

Tech man is on an over nighter. No ticker today for sure! Unless you want me to start playing around with my blog again. Yeah, didn't think so. I'm not allowed to touch anything on the computer by myself anymore! Haha!

Here's your ticker: Halloween -- coming soon.

(I haven't had a soda yet. Hence the snarkiness.) ;)