Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don't click on these next photos. You'll be sorry if you do because they come up large and will probably make you crave desert. Don't blame me if you lick your monitor. Chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick? mmmm.


I'd kill for some ice cream and one of those caramel things right now. Heck, and I'll take a tiramisu also please.... It's no calorie day.





I've been a bad blogger. We've been busy keeping busy.... company, getting prepared for school and before I knew it, a lot of time has gone by.

The other day we went to a place called Jungle Jim's in Ohio. It was featured on the Food Network and the Travel Channel. It is kitchy and a destination in itself. (The monorail outside hints to its amusement park type theme here.) It's like going to an amusement park for foodies. The place is enormous, like a mall. You are given a map when you walk in the doors. It has everything you can imagine. It has international foods from England, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Mexico...

and it is themed. It has funky displays like a huge singing Campbell's Soup can, a candy area where the candies are displayed in old bumper cars from Coney Island, a real fire truck, boats... everything. I can't even explain it all. It's like Disneyland.

Every section had it's own space. Like if you were looking for a bottle of wine, you'd go into the wine section aisle 2. Not to be mistaken with the soda section aisle 2, etc. This wasn't a place to pick up a few things for dinner, this was event type shopping!

We saw the biggest cheese, 811 pounds of it and about 2 stories high. Even seeing the huge wheels of cheese was pretty impressive. The bakery was to die for. The seafood area had a bunch of tanks full of live fish (they even have an indoor fish farm inside the store.) They also have cooking classes and sell gourmet cooking equipment.

Arizonans missing their hot sauce: There was plenty to choose from. That is probably 1/4 of the aisle, and it wrapped around the whole truck, so there were two sides of just hot sauce.

I loved this. Shum Daddy's BBQ from Kentucky - proud and loud! In the BBQ section of course! ;)

We had so much fun. There were SO many yummy things we could have come home with, and some not so yummy. Including in the meat section: pork brains and turtle meat. Trevor was not too happy about seeing the turtle meat. He's a turtle lover. - Oh, and chocolate covered insects. Eww.

I did come home with some local organic veggies and some Amish breads, along with some other things. We spent so many hours there I can't even remember what we ended up buying. We probably spent an hour alone in the candy section looking at candies from around the world and candy that I haven't seen since I was a kid.

**

Other than that, we have been busy getting school supplies from the teacher's lists, and doing all of the errands required to get the kids ready for school. There seems to be a lot of running around for registering kids from another state. Just a few more weeks until school starts here!

4 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

being a foodie, that place looks awesome!! I wish there was one near me:(

Kaelene said...

I wanna see that!
I've missed your bloggin' self!
♥ ya!

Unknown said...

I see a Starbucks! If there's a Starbucks inside, it must be cool! ;)
What a neat-looking place!

Happy supply shopping. Only a few weeks till the reset... ;)

Maddy said...

OK, I'm coming and we're going to get cheesecake on a stick. That is IT! You know how I feel about dessert.

E-mailed you loser! ;D