Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day one was a success!

Here they are, home again! First day down. (BTW, the grass is brown. This seems to be what people from around here say is dry and yucky. I had to show this one to Lisa who was talking to somebody that used to be from here.) Brown.. yeeeah. See those two houses for sale? I need some scrapping people to come move in. Hint hint... I'll hook you up with some phone numbers.


Here are a few pictures from yesterday. These are from after school, so Megan is ready to get that backpack off and get on the phone to call somebody she hadn't seen in the last 15 minutes. Note the, "Moooom, pleeeease" look on her face. What happened to my most willing model??

See what I mean? Trevor was already in the undressing process. His shoes are already off, but I got a quick picture of him anyway. For posterity.



Another one of Matthew. He's in this new "I won't smile" phase. He says he looks serious, like he learned a lot in school that day.




Everybody said they had a great day at school yesterday. Megan loves switching classes, and loves having a new teacher every hour, so things seem fresh throughout the day.


Trevor said that the lunch he had was the best ever. His cheeseburger and french fries tasted like they came from In N Out. Typical boy...all about the food. He said they actually GRILLED them and the cheese was melted, not like his last school where he says that the patties were boiled in a huge pot. Ok. We'll go with that.


Matthew's exact words were: "School was looooooong. It took foreeeeeever." But he does love his teacher.


There hasn't been any homework for the kids yet, but plenty for me. Is it bad to admit that I secretly love when I get all of the paperwork to fill out? I love filling out forms!



5 comments:

Kaelene said...

Maybe you should keep that part about loving to fill out forms to yourself! LOL ♥

Michelle said...

ah yes...the forms. Aren't those fun.

noah was bugging me about this "vin" form that I have to sign. He went on and on about it, insisting that I sign it even though I had no idea what it was and was fairly certain I'd never even seen it. And when I asked what the form was all he could answer was "VIN!" I'm like " DUDE, WHAT DOES VIN MEAN????"

"very important note" he said. Yeah. that helps.

Lisa said...

when did your kids grow up? oh my gosh they are so big now! they look so cute and that is some mighty green brown grass!!!

Unknown said...

Too many forms! That's the only part of the first week I dislike. You are one strange chick! ;)

I owe you an email!!

Maddy said...

I'm so happy the kids are so happy -- ad i hate you for the school bus.

I know I owe you an e-mail too. I suck! Please note that I haven't even talked to my own mother in over a week!