Wednesday, August 13, 2008

random photo - because numbers are cool!




Do you ever go back a year or two in your blog to see what was going on back then? It's kind of fun. I do it every now and then just to see the growth that has happened in our family over the time.




I noticed I definitely scrapped a lot more then. It definitely isn't a passing phase, just not something I've kept up with since the summer here.




Last year at this time was Matthew's first year of school and the anxiety that brought with it. Is he going to like it? Is he ready for kindergarten? I'm blown away that not only did he love kindergarten and thrive in it, but he's going into first grade this year. This time he has a lot more confidence about it.




Trevor was turning seven, and now he's so excited about turning 8 years old. (on the first day of school... bummer.)




The obvious biggest change was moving. I can't even remember if Kentucky was even an idea in our heads one year ago. I'm sure it was at least mentioned because last summer was very hard on our family. If there were ever any doubts about whether or not this was the best move for all of us, there are none now. The kids are all thriving out here, and the area seems to really suit us. Plus even though some doubted that Mike would really be home all that much more to make a difference... trust me, it is so much better than it was before. If he has three days off, it's OFF. Not one day home and two days traveling. The kids are happier and I'm happier.




Today was one of those busy days where the kids were in and out of the house. They all spent some time at different kid's houses, and every now and then they'd pop in the house to check in. Free range children. It's one of my favorite things they've been able to do this summer without always having to arrange playdates. It's so good to see them all with a group of new friends even before school starts. (And I got to finish up a book I've been reading!!)




Speaking of school, the kids start next week. All of the supplies are bought and ready to go in backpacks. Surprisingly they are all really excited about riding the bus this year too. The stop is on the corner of the house next door, so they just walk right out of our door. I'm all for driving them, but since their friends are riding the bus, they want to also. :)


1 comment:

Kaelene said...

My niece really wants to ride the bus, because she never has before, but my sister won't let her! It is kinda funny, to me, that my sister's own issues with riding the bus are clouding her rational judgement about saving time and gas money. Oh well!